ex killick stoker

ok i left the mob 2 1/2 years ago and i kind of miss it all but dont/can't for family reasons join back up . But i am intrested in the RNR.
but i have a few ? to throw out there.

1. can i join as a killick as i completed LRCC at collingwood about 3 1/2 years ago ?

2. do i have to do basic again?

3. what trades can i join up as ?

4. will it fill the "hole" that i fell at the mo!

thanks everyone for your help
and dont forget "only 2 people can make water ..... God and a killick stoker"

When the RNR lost its sea going capability all the stokers that stayed on became loggies and the killicks lost their hooks. Time has moved on though so you may keep it. As to will it fill the hole. It's up to you but the occiasional fag makes giving up smoking much easier, IMHO.

chippys_party said:
ok i left the mob 2 1/2 years ago and i kind of miss it all but dont/can't for family reasons join back up . But i am intrested in the RNR.
but i have a few ? to throw out there.

1. can i join as a killick as i completed LRCC at collingwood about 3 1/2 years ago ?
Since you've only been out a couple of years i would fully expect them to let you retain your hooks if you earned them in the RN.

2. do i have to do basic again?
If you've only been out for two years you shouldn't have to do basic again.

3. what trades can i join up as ?
Warfare seaman, Logistician, CIS (Comms) are the one's we hear most about. There was Maritime Trade Ops but i'm not sure if it still exists (or what they do). No doubt someone will pitch up with the gen.

There are also sub-specs such as Underwater Force Protection (need to be qualified civvy diver) and Mine warefare.

4. will it fill the "hole" that i fell at the mo!
I would expect that VIVID has plenty of Ex-RN in their ranks purely because of their location. The RNR isn't exactly the same as the RN but you can still have the same crack and enjoy the training. There are some anchor faced barstewards who after spending a weekend in rig try to be more jack than jack but these are the minority and most of the people you'll meet you'll find are top dollar.

thanks everyone for your help
and dont forget "only 2 people can make water ..... God and a killick stoker"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
oasis6x The Gash Barge 5
C The Quarterdeck 8
R The Fleet Air Arm 4