Ex-KGB officer poisoning probed

D

Deleted 7

Guest
Keep telling you all, London has some dodgy food!

UK police are investigating the poisoning of a Russian former security agent and critic of President Vladimir Putin living in exile in Britain.
Alexander Litvinenko, a former colonel in the KGB, told the BBC he fell ill after meeting a contact at a London sushi bar on 1 November.

Police say the 43-year-old is in a serious but stable condition in University College Hospital, London.

Clinical experts said he was poisoned with the highly-toxic metal thallium.

Several hours after the meeting, I started to feel sick

Alexander Litvinenko, former Russian agent


Profile: Alexander Litvinenko

Mr Litvinenko fled Russia and was granted political asylum in Britain in 2001.
Full story
 

andym

War Hero
wasny one of the opposition leaders poisoned a bit back?They showed some before and after pics and he looked real bad!
 
One thing though, it was in a sushi restaurant, could it be possible he either ordered puffer fish or, if not, the dish he did order could have been prepared on a contaminated surface or with contaminated implements?

I am not trying to disparage the restaurant but it is something to bear in mind.

stab
 

navs

Midshipman
Maybe it was the same place the Spurs team got food poisening last season, where Arsenal finished 4th, and Spurs missed out on a Champions league slot!
 
higthepig said:
And don`t for one minute believe our Government would`nt stoop so low.
The only thing that stops them I think is they know they would probably c*ck it up, like everything else they do.
 

Bergen

ADC
Or MOD scientist Dr. David Kelly..................ooops! What I meant to say was 'move along everyone there's nothing to see here'.
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Some of us will remember the injecting with a sedative of a woman in Murmansk who dared stand up and complain vociferously about the cock up in the rescue attempt on the Kursk - filmed by the world's TV and they still didn't give a toss.
 

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
golden_rivet said:
Some of us will remember the injecting with a sedative of a woman in Murmansk who dared stand up and complain vociferously about the cock up in the rescue attempt on the Kursk - filmed by the world's TV and they still didn't give a toss.
Wait a miniute, she was going crackers! And this man is a defector... My wife says Putin is 100% big man and everybody who is against him needs to go swimming in icy lake. They cannot be faulted comrade!
 

navs

Midshipman
sweeney said:
golden_rivet said:
Some of us will remember the injecting with a sedative of a woman in Murmansk who dared stand up and complain vociferously about the cock up in the rescue attempt on the Kursk - filmed by the world's TV and they still didn't give a toss.
Wait a miniute, she was going crackers! And this man is a defector... My wife says Putin is 100% big man and everybody who is against him needs to go swimming in icy lake. They cannot be faulted comrade!
I remember that, she wasn't going crackers, just speaking out (ok at the top of her voice because she was p****d off), so they tired to silence her, unlucky for them it was caught on camera. Also anyone remember when a Chinese minster visited the US not to long ago, and a Chinese women started protesting about human rights (of course she could never have done that in her country of origin) and the American Authorities arrested her...
 

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
navs said:
I remember that, she wasn't going crackers, just speaking out (ok at the top of her voice because she was p****d off), so they tired to silence her, unlucky for them it was caught on camera. Also anyone remember when a Chinese minster visited the US not to long ago, and a Chinese women started protesting about human rights (of course she could never have done that in her country of origin) and the American Authorities arrested her...
Yeah, she was a journo wasn't she? I would have put a couple of 20mm rounds into her. That would have fixed things proper.
 
FlagWagger said:
stabradop said:
One thing though, it was in a sushi restaurant, could it be possible he either ordered puffer fish or, if not, the dish he did order could have been prepared on a contaminated surface or with contaminated implements?

I am not trying to disparage the restaurant but it is something to bear in mind.

stab
Pufferfish, or fugu, does not contain thallium - this is the substance with which the ex-spook has been contaminated according to the medics.
oops clanger dropped, obviously didnt read it properly (slaps self hard)

stab
 

andym

War Hero
Thallium isnt something that you can just drop down your local Boots or ASDA and pick up!Looks like the russkis are back to their old tricks.Apparently in the last 5 years the increase in their overseas operatives that have been identified has risen by over 300%!!!!!Spending on their Internal and External Secret security had tripled!
 

Bergen

ADC
Andy - perfectly correct. You cannot buy Thallium at Boots or ASDA. It would take you at least 5 days to obtain from EBay at a cost of US$49.99. The cut-slab Thalium in a vacuum sealed glass ampoule would kill a couple of dozen secret agents. Hurry whilst stocks last. I think that we should stick with Ricin. Far more civilised and far easier to source.

RM
 

navs

Midshipman
Bergen said:
Andy - perfectly correct. You cannot buy Thallium at Boots or ASDA. It would take you at least 5 days to obtain from EBay at a cost of US$49.99. The cut-slab Thalium in a vacuum sealed glass ampoule would kill a couple of dozen secret agents. Hurry whilst stocks last. I think that we should stick with Ricin. Far more civilised and far easier to source.

RM
LOL
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for Asda Stores Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for TJ Morris Limited MoD News 0
Z Logistics Officer Training RFA 4
CiviPilot Deferring University Entry Waiting for Officer Application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Publications Officer (Apprentice) MoD News 0
I marine engineering officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
I Officer Near Visual Acuity for Category 1 or 2 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
I Good routes for RNR GE Officer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Charity Commission appoints Nick Baker as new Chief Operating Officer MoD News 0
C Warfare Intelligence Officer Joining the Royal Navy 2
C Application referred to senior medical officer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Information on RFA Cadet Officer (Deck) course RFA 5
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Investigation Support Officer, Southampton MoD News 0
T Systems Engineer Officer Training and Beyond RFA 2
MoD_RSS Magnox announces new Chief Operating Officer MoD News 0
F Possible Rejoin - SE Officer opportunities RFA 1
L Hydrographic and Meterology Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C Weapons engineer Officer application (submariner) Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Air Engineering Officer or Hydrographer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
L Joining as Officer but undecided, need helping choosing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS New Permanent Secretary at the Cabinet Office and Chief Operating Officer for the Civil Service MoD News 0
H Army JNCO to Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
P Join as a Rating or Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
K Officer Recruitment rejected because of GCSEs? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Officer entry, bad A levels but have a foundation degree Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
SeaBiscuit RFA Officer Cadet Interview and AIB RFA 1
T Officer Inreview Questions Pre-AIB Joining the Royal Navy 2
N Intelligence Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K Qualifications required to become a Warfare Officer, i.e UCAS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer for England announces four further coronavirus cases MoD News 0
S Medical reviewed by senior medical officer Joining the Royal Navy 2
D Warfare Officer AIB Feb 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
MoD_RSS British Officer takes command of Gulf maritime security mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Officer awarded first Chief Firearms Instructor’s coin MoD News 0
B RN Officer RT Tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Spiced Buoy Leadership oppertunities before joining as officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
T Advice on officer or rating please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
MoD_RSS Guidance on bailiff and enforcement officer scam MoD News 0
D Training Management officer query Joining the Royal Navy 0
D TMO/Logistics Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Officer UCAS query Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS Meet the Waitrose Limited Code Compliance Officer MoD News 0
L Just a question regarding the initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS HMRC appoints interim Chief Digital and Information Officer MoD News 0
C If possible, I would like to get in touch with anyone who served as a Royal Navy Officer prior to 1993 please. The Quarterdeck 27
MoD_RSS Certification Officer: amendments to the lists MoD News 0
H Officer scholarship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Home Office announces first wave of 20,000 police officer uplift MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Operations Officer MoD News 0
K Application for Navy Medical Officer. Previous back pain/sciatica. Joining the Royal Navy 40
Similar threads


















































Top