Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Ex crab applying to the submariners .... (dont hate me)

Chaps (and dear Sol) - I'm both a Burg boy and a sundodger. While I agree that the Burg is small, the area in general has a wealth of incredible facilities. OP, the PT staff will be able to arrange almost any sport or activity your heart desires.

All one has to do in Faslavatory, Faslamabad, The Base is to get out and go exploring instead of sitting in your cabin whinging.

PS Take waterproofs. LOTS of waterproofs!
Says the Burg SM who lives in Spain?

No recruiting professionals on this site anymore, your best bet for a time frame, is to contact your AFCO.

But yes you are correct if WE(SM) is a shortage category your application could move quickly, the down side to that is are you fit enough to meet the standards required, if in doubt start running now. I very much doubt if you will get any junior service, Crab Fat comments on here, we are on the whole sensible, most of the time.

The upside is, when on jollies you will stay in Hotels, not the 5* you were used too, but ok with spending (beer) money supplied.
In respect to Sumo's comments I will keep any anti - crab comments to myself. :D

I have a question with reference to accommodation, when not at sea where do the singlies stay? Obviously when at sea you will be staying on the boat lol.

In the Air Force we were assigned a block in the barracks and that remained ours whether we were deployed or not, is that the case for submariners or is it something else?

On boats you'll live ashore in barracks when not at sea (HMS Neptune) or in hotels on foreign runs ashore (if you're on SSN's). You keep your cabin/mess when the boat is deployed.

Only the duty watch stay on board overnight when alongside.

On boats you'll live ashore in barracks when not at sea (HMS Neptune) or in hotels on foreign runs ashore (if you're on SSN's). You keep your cabin/mess when the boat is deployed.

Only the duty watch stay on board overnight when alongside.

Ah okay, not too dissimilar to the Air Force then. Thanks for that

Latest Threads