ex army wanting to re-join

Discussion in 'RMR' started by dynamo666, Jan 26, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. left the army a year and half ago and looking to now join the marines could this be a problem ? Is there any info anyone can share ?
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Did you mean to put this in the Reservist thread 666? They do prefer to be called Royal Marines (awfully touchy don't yah know)
  3. Well ex infantry myself I understand the royal means alot same with my old regiment but its still not answered my question have u got any information that will be helpful
  4. I think he meant do you mean the Royal Marines or the Royal Marines Reserve...
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Depends how you left the Army.

If it was discharge as of right & you were P2, it's not usually an issue. If it was medical or disciplinary, the rough rule is if the Army don't want you back, nor will the Royal Marines.

6. Hya ninja_stoker I left ater 7 and half years service I wasnt booted out I just signed off trying to make family life better but it dint help a divorce was the best thing for it lol now im singke im looking on a better career than bog standard infantry which is why I have chosen the royal marines the careers office have said due to me only having ten years aaccumulated service left it may be a problem have you ever heard this before ?
  7. Ninja_Stoker

No, sounds odd.

If you've served 7.5 years on AFPS 05, as long as you can complete the remaining 10.5 years befine retirement age and are under age 33 upon day one of RM Recruit Training you should be OK.
  8. No. You are a troll and you haven't served a day in your life.
    You may think we don't watch ARRSE as well, but we do.

Your efforts at trolling will fall flat here.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

If you can pass the indefinite article rule, you're exempt all the training bollix, I heard.
  10. It's no longer AFPS 05 18 years now would he be joining the AFPS15 which means a total service of 20 years which after 7.5 years of service leaves 12.5 years?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

That was January Tommo. Since then a spammer has been dribbling on here & Arrse, bumping threads.
    • Like Like x 1