ex army wanting to re-join

dynamo666

left the army a year and half ago and looking to now join the marines could this be a problem ? Is there any info anyone can share ?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did you mean to put this in the Reservist thread 666? They do prefer to be called Royal Marines (awfully touchy don't yah know)

dynamo666

Well ex infantry myself I understand the royal means alot same with my old regiment but its still not answered my question have u got any information that will be helpful

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
left the army a year and half ago and looking to now join the marines could this be a problem ? Is there any info anyone can share ?
Depends how you left the Army.

If it was discharge as of right & you were P2, it's not usually an issue. If it was medical or disciplinary, the rough rule is if the Army don't want you back, nor will the Royal Marines.

Info:

http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/approval-to-process.73134/#post-475593

http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/ex-army-ta-joining-rmr.28592/

dynamo666

Hya ninja_stoker I left ater 7 and half years service I wasnt booted out I just signed off trying to make family life better but it dint help a divorce was the best thing for it lol now im singke im looking on a better career than bog standard infantry which is why I have chosen the royal marines the careers office have said due to me only having ten years aaccumulated service left it may be a problem have you ever heard this before ?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hya ninja_stoker I left ater 7 and half years service I wasnt booted out I just signed off trying to make family life better but it dint help a divorce was the best thing for it lol now im singke im looking on a better career than bog standard infantry which is why I have chosen the royal marines the careers office have said due to me only having ten years aaccumulated service left it may be a problem have you ever heard this before ?
No, sounds odd.

If you've served 7.5 years on AFPS 05, as long as you can complete the remaining 10.5 years befine retirement age and are under age 33 upon day one of RM Recruit Training you should be OK.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
i want to join royal marines as a officer will they let me transfer from army
No. You are a troll and you haven't served a day in your life.
You may think we don't watch ARRSE as well, but we do.

Your efforts at trolling will fall flat here.

tommo

War Hero
It's no longer AFPS 05 18 years now would he be joining the AFPS15 which means a total service of 20 years which after 7.5 years of service leaves 12.5 years?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Ex army wanting to join. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Ex army wanting to join royal navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 91
MoD_RSS Army experts boost NATO fight against COVID-19 disinformation MoD News 0
H Army JNCO to Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Army v Navy Rugby Match, May 2nd 2020, Cancellation Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS The UK completes training of Somali National Army battalion in Baidoa MoD News 0
O Territorial Army to Navy Paperwork Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil Plymouth Live: "Royal Navy And British Army Reduce Presence In Caribbean" RFA 3
P Royal Navy or British Army? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 46
soleil Portsmouth News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: Royal Navy, RAF & Army Form Up For Stunning Remembrance Day Tribute On Deck" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS £2.8bn armoured vehicle contract secured for British Army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Army and RAF listed as top 100 social mobility employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Army soldiers’ skills mapped to the Scottish qualifications framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Army boosts UK prosperity with £3m funding through DASA autonomous competition MoD News 0
Sumo Justice being sort or vendetta against the British Army, with Politicians letting it happen? Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS British Army launches Industrial Engagement Framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DE&S and British Army launch the Army Warfighting Experiment (AWE) 20 experimentation project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somali National Army Personnel graduate from UK led training in Baidoa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New high-tech Army reconaissance vehicles built in Merthyr Tydfil MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Army restructures to confront evolving threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Military works with Vietnam People's Army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Coventry company wins £63m Army vehicle support contract MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Army harnesses UK bridging innovation MoD News 0
C Re-joiner Army to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
W Army Navy rugby The Quarterdeck 2
L Army medical s8 advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: Army robotics receive £66m boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army tests innovative virtual reality training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Minister for Asia statement on Arakan Army and Tatmadaw fighting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army receives pioneering bomb disposal robots MoD News 0
datlaidbackdude Applying for RN and Army-commonwealth Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Unsure of whether to join the Army or Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: Army start biggest military robot exercise in British history, Defence Secretary announces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army set to redefine warfare with joint Autonomous Warrior MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of D-Day army medic rededicated 74 years after his death MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Soldiers begin training on first sports facility delivered for Army Basing Programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army’s new air defence missile blasts airborne target by Baltic Sea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary expands Army reserve numbers in Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British army officer killed during WW1 is honoured as he is laid to rest MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network Sports: Army V Navy Babcock Trophy: How To Watch LIVE Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil Forces Network News: "Former Army Captain MP Blames 'Defence Cuts' For Labour Win In Military City" Bases / Shore Est 5
Armouredcav18 British Army to Royal Navy transfer Joining the Royal Navy 3
A Transferring from army (advice) Joining the Royal Navy 2
soleil Extra Seats Made Available For Army Navy Match On May 5th 2018 Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS News story: Seven british Army soldiers killed during World War 1 are honoured as they are laid to rest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army’s rifle set for multi-million-pound upgrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Army officer helps Zambia set up health care education programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: British Army re-joins Boxer programme MoD News 0
Stirlin Army abuse trial halted The Quarterdeck 17
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence Secretary announces innovative threat detection system for the Army's newest armoured vehicle MoD News 0