Ex Army, Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by catton01, Mar 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just Looking for some infomation on how long this is going to take?

I was originally told 1 month from the afco and that was nearly 3 months ago when i handed my application forms in, i've rang in since then and have just been told its being processed blah, blah.

Question is, is there anyone currently working in the afco's who has had this situation recently and how long it took?

Just wanting to get a rough idea since i've been waiting 2 months over what i was originally told?

cheers in advance for any replies!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It depends on your personal circumstances. Eight weeks is an average for security clearnce, however if you have lived overseas or have immediate family overseas it can take several months.

The longest I've come across was 12 months for a guy from Ireland - don't know why, but the irony was he "opted out" 2 months after joning.

3. Well i was born in Germany on a british army base? but since the age of 6 months for the last 18 and a half years i've lived here, would that cause a delay?

At least i get more time for the phys!

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I was born overseas in a British Military Hospital as well. Provided nothing has changed these were classed as sovereign British territory so, the same as being born in the UK.

5. So hopefully i should be hearing something pretty soon if what Ninja is saying is a rough guide. Well ive been waiting for a while i guess a little while longer wont hurt.

Cheers for the replies!

6. i was born in germany in a british military hospital aswell :) (just thought i would get that in)

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

(I wasn't 8) )

8. Singers? No wonder you didn't go M&AW!! :lol:

PS Or was it Honkers? Bloody Asians!! 8O