Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Ex Army, joining Navy age 36, going comms tech! Got questions

Thought i would drop a quick update!

Just finished week 2, it was pretty tough at 37 not going to lie! I was hanging out.

They did make me class leader, so I'm running a class of 26 mostly under 20 year olds. Its like herding cats! Its easier to run a troop of men in Afghan than this. Lol. Its going well though. Managed to work some old kinks out of my idle civvy body and thankfully no injuries.

Just cracking on now. 8 weeks to go....
by that account when they call you sea dad, you are actually old enough to be their dad?
Weldon, I am sure you will survive, at your age remember to sleep and rest as much as possible.

Thought i would drop a quick update!

Just finished week 2, it was pretty tough at 37 not going to lie! I was hanging out.

They did make me class leader, so I'm running a class of 26 mostly under 20 year olds. Its like herding cats! Its easier to run a troop of men in Afghan than this. Lol. Its going well though. Managed to work some old kinks out of my idle civvy body and thankfully no injuries.

Just cracking on now. 8 weeks to go....
:Do_O

by that account when they call you sea dad, you are actually old enough to be their dad?
Weldon, I am sure you will survive, at your age remember to sleep and rest as much as possible.

As much rest as possible, no explanation required there Sumo, im hanging out!

Some of these lads weren't born when i joined the army! Its a bit strange.

We gained a couple of new lads this week that are returning from injury. One of them thought i was 26 yesterday! He is going to go far.

Another quick update. In the final week now. Still class leader and we won all the trophies. Lead guard and Ganges trophy.

Got my 3 stripes and medals on my 1's now too ready for passout. Its going to be a good one!

Nearly didn't make it last week though, fell 15 feet from the obstacle course and landed on my neck and shoulder. Everyone thought i was dead, lol. Got up while the LPT was checking me over, dusted myself off and said ill just crack on and got straight back up the obstacle, blood all over my face. I was banged up but managed to avoid being backclassed. All the youngsters thought i was a hero, ha ha. Just felt normal to me, not dead or broken so get on with it!

Its been hard but once we got through week 5 it became a lot easier. Those first few weeks are pants. Last few weeks just coasting really.

Can't wait to pass out. Thanks again to everyone here for all the help and support, it has been a long road but finally made it.

Well your almost a sailor now, how was learning how to nimble in a group all go in the same direction, instead of marching?:D

good luck with the rest of your training, and new career, drop in with an update from time to time.

Latest Threads