Ex Army asks for help! Info re: CPO "Rolly" Teague

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by pngo, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi in the true spirit of Dunkirk when the Navy helped the Army out and as a ex Army man i hope you wont give me too much grief !!
    But i need your help in trying to trace my Fathers record and to also see if anyone remembers him? His name was CPO Roland Teague (Rolly) and he was in the Fleet Air Arm for about 25 years and served from the 50s to 70s on all the major Carriers ,Ark,..Eagle..Indifat.. Ocean, Herm.. etc etc working on Seafires ,Vixens, Vampires ,Ganets ,etc . He also was at the major Fleet Air Arm bases ,Osprey etc etc and also in Singapore .As an ex 22 years man serving in the Irish Guards i would like to trace his career as im getting a bit sentimental :rambo: and i want to find out if some of the many tall stories he told me are true . If there a site or address i can write to to gain his career History and any other information i would be very gratfull

many thanks
    Paul Teague :thumright:

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I was probably in Singapore around the same time as your Dad, however I was only about 5 or 6 years old so not much help!

I've slightly altered your thread title to hopefully attract some attention from those who knew him, good luck hope you get some contacts.

3. What about the wafus site?i think its called chockheads or something like that.

4. Hi pngo

Have you tried any of the Association web sites such as the Royal Naval Association? I know there is also an HMS Ocean Association as my old man used to be a member. They may be able to help validate some of your dad's dits.

Best of luck with your search - a couple of links below may help.

http://www.royal-naval-association.co.uk/

http://www.tosd.demon.co.uk/ocean/

5. Paul do you know what trade he was? I can probably put you in touch with their organization if you can let me Know.
    BTW Portland was never a major FAA base...............................Incoming :w00t:
    RoofRat

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Navy bit, hope we're not too posh for you! (I jest)

At risk of stating the obvious, have you tried the Veterans Agency- former Service Records bit?

By all accounts they're very helpful.

Good luck to you.

7. THANKS LADS I SEEM TO REMEMBER HE WAS A PILOTS MATE?? IN AIR FRAMES AND ENGINES ,NOT BEING TRAINED I WOULDNT KNOW?

"CHIEFTIFF" I ALSO WAS IN SINGAPORE AND WAS ALSO VERY YOUNG AT THE TIME BUT IVE ALLWAYS WANTED TO GO BACK AND SEE IF THE MARRIED QUATER IS STILL THERE ??

NINJA NO PROBS !!I WAS A NCO MATE, NOT LIKE OUT OFFICERS WHO ARE ALL PUBLIC SCHOOL BOYS AND SPEAK WITH A PLUM IN THEIR MOUTH!AND ANYWAY I WAS ATTACHED TO THE NAVY FOR SIX MONTHS SO I KNOW HOW IT ALL WORKS :nemo: :thumright: :pukel: :pukel: :pukel: