Every journey begins with a single step, and an RT...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Knew-bee, Nov 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all! Just joined up to RR and want to thank everyone for the advice on the forums. I've got my RT Dec 1st and can't wait to see what happens! I'm sure I'll be full of newbie questions as I progress and a site like this is a god-send!

So first question, I have read lots of discussion on peoples first days down at Raleigh and the best places for a quick pint in Torpoint, (it's where I grew up so it's good to see I've unexpectedly covered some bases!) But what are peoples exp of Officer training? Apologies in advance if there's already answers to all this that I've not stumbled across yet in which case just throw some URL's and a quick " new-guy time waster' orientated comment in my direction. Thanks!

2. Ah, I can see how it would have looked like I thought Officer's trained at Raleigh. I mean't that I had heard a lot of comments on Raleigh and Torpoint and nothing on BRNC. But thanks for the advice, I know there's a lot to learn.

3. Check out the discussion on BRNC and the other on AIB for Officer info - and welcome to RR!