Even Biggles can fcuk up.....

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Dec 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. Remember in 75 in Cagliari the entire stokers mess tossed a car into a fountain on a run ashore. The problem was the said fountain was 15 foot deep. Skipper threw a major wobbly with much wailing and gnashing of teeth and I think HMG coughed up for a new fiat panda but I cant remember if there was any retribution sought except for the mess being confined to ship for a month.

I don't suppose the fact that these 3 nicked a car belonging to the head honcho's brother - does it say if the car was damaged or just borrowed for a drive around? - would have helped matters. And I can see the front line crews will be pissed if they are living in the desert being stressed out while these 3 are on an exercise and living in a hotel. One would hope that they get dragged off the exercise, court marshalled found guilty and hung out to dry!

3. Certainly if they had been sailors the RN would have worked very hard to get them back, without a trial if possible too. They had plenty of experience too at the job in my day.

As for these three, muppets they certainly are and should have known better. Also I would expect that they have now reached the peaks of their Crabair careers and would be well advised to seek multi engine training prior to baling out to joi some charter airline as I supect none of the majors will want to eploy some one who goes on the piss that badly overseas.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Definitely RAF - "attending a Justin Timberlake concert"?! 8O

5. As it was officers it would be seen as 'high spirits', if was us 'lower ranks' we'd be busted as it was a 'drunken rampage'.

Oh the equality of it all!

6. As it's now in The Scum it's no longer high jinks

7. There are comments on E-Goat to the effect that they ought to be Court Martialled for that offence, and also what else do you expect from F3 crews. Nuff said.

PS Flying switch blades, not real aircraft anyway.

8. If the good Lords hadn't provided Tonka 3 drivers and accompanying GIBS, who would be next out of the light blue hate stack?

S**t happens. Strange that it was an odd number.

9. Perhaps their worst offence was to break the 11th commandment, Thou shallt not get caught. What would have happened if they had managed to lift the motor and somehow spirit it back to their squadron (would it fit in a Herc?) Would look good in or in front of the crew room. And to top it all blame the Yanks. :w00t:

10. Too true - but then it's just the same in civvyland.

Pity it took place in the UAE and not Saudi, but then even here drunken driving is a serious matter. That said, as it's "reported" in the Sun how do we know if any of it's true? Until I read same in a broadsheet I'll assume it's another Sun fairytale!

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Us humble lesser ranks would of been happy pinching a bus or a steam roller, got to hand it to the Crab occifers, nicking the presi's brothers car is fairly audacious. :worship:

12. Antrim 75 guy removes national flag and desecrates it
    I was the ships "Captains driver", last we saw of him, was taking the captain and the padre on the last visit to Cagliari jail. as the said sailor was incarcerated for three years
    Jeeso it was some jail, rough, and dirty, with armed guards
    I was comms and handled the many signals back and forth UK /Sardinia/Family it was not good

What they termed an example
    Maybe a Fiat Panda is not quite the same as the National Flag :)
    ones worth four quid and the other twenty

13. Ahh yes - remember walking past the jail when walking back the miles to the ship when we went up to the NAFFI or whatever they called their social club - because we couldn't find a taxi!

Big men with loaded SMG's!

14. I think the most heinous offence is that supposedly macho males went to a Justin Timberlake concert…

Opps! I forgot!

They're crabs.

15. Pot, kettle, black? :w00t:

16. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

1955, RNVR National Service midshipman from Triumph nicked the enormous and rather gaudy ensign off a Spanish frigate in Pollensa Bay. Captain Varyl Begg had to put on sword & medals & go and apologise. Fate of RNVR mid (& Spanish OOD) unknown.