Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

EuroPride 2006 - RN's uniformed contingent

Shakey said:
Just to go off topic for a moment...

This debate has certainly attracted the atttention of the advertising bots that roam the interweb, my page is currently showing adverts for PETA, Fishing Hurts and an Animal Rights shop!

You can see the train of thought: Gay rights = liberals = tree huggers = anti-nuclear disabled ethnic animal rights anarchist vegan squatters.

With a Mac you don't get pestered with pop up adverts, etc, so I've never actually noticed any, except when I'm at work!

Shakey said:
Back on topic...

I think the sooner the gays stop going on about it and making a fuss about it the sooner a quiet acceptance of it will come about. It's all the campaigning and shouting and stamping of feet that puts people's backs up.

Historically Shakey, gays didn't make a fuss - and many on the Christian Right would like to return to those days - and this very invisibility - social death - facilitated their seperation and demonisation by the media and their persecution. It is precisely because of their invisibility that they faced marginilazation and for the same reason, until they are fully integrated and thus fully accepted by the vast majority of society, there remains a need to celebrate their difference publicly.

janner said:
"All those who can't Tap Dance are queer."

In that case Janner, most of us on RR must be gay! :lol:

What a load of Carp.I can tap dance after a fashion,the whole thread is rubbish,deal with what you are,get over it ,lifes too short for trivialities.

higthepig said:
What a load of Carp.I can tap dance after a fashion,the whole thread is rubbish,deal with what you are,get over it ,lifes too short for trivialities.

Actually Hig, I would refine Janner's comment, to say that anybody who didn't spend at least 9 blissful months at Ganges or that St.Vincent place MUST be gay. All our lusting after females when we weren't occupied with more pressing matters - like survival! :lol: Shore leave in Ipswich - looking at the lasses with longing boyish eyes - they didn't even glance at us - probably thought we were tired looking, overgrown Sea Cadets! :(

Hegs said:
Hmm I do not want "special status†I do not want “extra credence†I just want to get on with my job free from intimidation, harassment and abuse. Yes you are right that a heterosexual life style is the “norm†but so what, does that mean I have to go through life never telling anyone I’m gay? :eek:

I enjoy the navy and I enjoy the navy life I have no problem with mess deck banter, in fact I quite enjoy the piss take but not when it becomes something more sinister.

I do not flaunt my sexuality at work in fact apart from a love of classical music and a penchant for earl gray tea you would not guess I was gay (ok so the all in one rubber body suit and feather bower on rounds sometimes gives it away) :wink:

Don’t flaunt it, don’t fear it

You have made some good points here Hegs. I had to hide my sexuality when I was in the RNXS. When they were disbanded in 1991 my Area CO (the former Captain of HMS Scylla c 1963 - the year I was born) reccomended me for transfer to the RNR because of my good Comms skills, but I had to pretend that I was in a reserved occupation at work as I did not want to risk being found out and kicked out. To his credit he persisted, but I couldn't admit to him the true reason why I could not transfer! :x

I really appreciate you being open on RR about being gay - I've been too intimidated up till now. I suspect I will now become persona non-grata here! :(

Incidentally I saw you at EuroPride - you looked great - no minching at all of course. :D Which one were you, or is that a problem under Persec?

Seacat.

Seacat said:
I really appreciate you being open on RR about being gay - I've been too intimidated up till now. I suspect I will now become persona non-grata here! :(

Incidentally I saw you at EuroPride - you looked great - no minching at all of course. :D Which one were you, or is that a problem under Persec?

Seacat.
You are as welcome here as the rest of us normal types, bottoms up !! :twisted: :lol:

Lingyai said:
Seacat said:

Seacat.
You are as welcome here as the rest of us normal types, bottoms up !! :twisted: :lol:

Seacat

You are very welcome, your private and social life is just that private, ignore the one or two bigots.

Nutty

fangita said:
Lingyai said:
Private? On an internet forum?

On a not entirely unrelated note, why DID you move to Thailand, Lingyai?
Cos Mrs Ling came from there originaly and when she finished studying at Guzz Uni we both decided it would make much more sense financialy to live in Thailand. It is cheaper, easier lifestyle, better climate and like being permanently on holiday.
Why? Thinking of moving?

Lingyai said:
Nutty said:
Seacat

You are very welcome, your private and social life is just that private, ignore the one or two bigots.

Nutty

Lingy

We both well know you can reveal the truth, lie, make up a complete new character, change gender, change sexual preferences or claim to be the Tooth Fairy. It is only when challenged about your antecedence you need to have a story which cannot be checked, which is difficult on a military site.

So privacy does rule. I am really 22 years old, 190 cms. tall, slim build, longish blond hair, blue eyed, bi-sexual male in the RNR working as a currencey trader in a City of London Merchant Bank earning in excess of £200000 a year. OK so now I am out of the closet what about you.

Nutty

Nutty said:
Lingyai said:
Nutty said:
Seacat

Nutty

Lingy

We both well know you can reveal the truth, lie, make up a complete new character, change gender, change sexual preferences or claim to be the Tooth Fairy. It is only when challenged about your antecedence you need to have a story which cannot be checked, which is difficult on a military site.

So privacy does rule. I am really 22 years old, 190 cms. tall, slim build, longish blond hair, blue eyed, bi-sexual male in the RNR working as a currencey trader in a City of London Merchant Bank earning in excess of £200000 a year. OK so now I am out of the closet what about you.

Nutty
Get back in yer closet lofty, but I do believe you are a right merchant banker :lol: :lol:

Nutty said:
I am really 22 years old, 190 cms. tall, slim build, longish blond hair, blue eyed, bi-sexual male in the RNR working as a currencey trader in a City of London Merchant Bank earning in excess of £200000 a year.

WHAT?! You as well, Nutty? So am I! Let's march! We can invite Lingyai, Brigham and Higthepig to come along dressed as 3 of the members of the Village People. Young men...

geoffrey said:
Nutty said:
I am really 22 years old, 190 cms. tall, slim build, longish blond hair, blue eyed, bi-sexual male in the RNR working as a currencey trader in a City of London Merchant Bank earning in excess of £200000 a year.

WHAT?! You as well, Nutty? So am I! Let's march! We can invite Lingyai, Brigham and Higthepig to come along dressed as 3 of the members of the Village People. Young men...
Wild horses couldn't drag me away.... Bagsy the motorcycle cop...

190cms? What's that in inches Nutty? 10ft?

Well this makes interesting reading. I for one am pleased that my friend Seacat has come out on RR - it might make him more willing to contribute regularly, buy his own computer and stop using mine :roll: I'm sure my internet costs will shoot down! It might also help him find a partner - ideally (for him) a bearded ex-Ganges bloke who can regale him with dits about G until he's thoroughly sick of the place :lol: :lol: :lol: Then I can stop spinning dits for him, oops, did I say spinning?... :wink:

Me and wifey (who refuses to let me name her here) accompanied him to EuroPride - it was far too hot but an interesting day out. I was interested in those females whose dress sense was revealling... :wink: My wife and Seacat were into the blokes and were particularly taken by the male matelots, who looked most impressive. I ought to point out that there were female matelots as well, of all shapes and sizes! One or two (of the lasses that is) turned me on! :D So I suspect quite a few heterosexual matelots would enjoy Pride in future... just go in disguise! If you wear a sailor's uniform everyone will just assume you ARE gay. :lol:

PS: Seacat: the RNXS was disbanded in 1994. The former Skipper of Scylla was incharge of RNXS Medway Area and based in Gravesend Unit. You would have been in the Commcen there in wartime, I presume - though I notice from your keyboard use that you weren't taught NOT to look at the keyboard when typing!!! Very slack of the RNXS. You should all have been packed off to the Signal School at G! :twisted:

PS: The following link may interest you Seacat: RNXS

Latest Threads