Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

EuroPride 2006 - RN's uniformed contingent

Lingyai said:
I agree Nozzy that being queer is a mental abnormality and one has to ask about the discipline of a man who knows it is un natural and wrong to bone another man and still does it. In the last few years it seems to almost be a fashion to be a homo, oh look at me I am different. Punks used to do it with mohicans and now it is the queers. Having said that, if they are not embarrased by their sexual deviancy then who are we to judge. Have to agree with shaky though, wish they wouldn't flaunt it.

If I may venture an opinion, being a scientific type, the current theory on homosexuality that has the wide acceptance and a certain 'fact' element to it is this:

Homosexuality in both males and females is determined by two primary factors:

1) The levels of testosterone in the uterus
2) the presence the 'gay' gene, inherited from the mother.

In males, if the gene is present and test. levels are too low, the homosexuality may be expressed. In females, if it is too high then homosexuality (lesianism) may be expressed.

Now, given that homosexuals cannot naturally biologically reproduce, this presents something of a quandry as, according to the theory of natural selection and neo-darwinist thinking, everything in biology etc exist because of an evolutionary mechanism.

So what is the mechanism for homosexuality, given that it has no obvious benefits?

Well, research has shown that in families where a male or female is present with an expressed gay gene, i.e. a big lezzer, the fertiltiy of the females in the family is up to seven times higher than those where a member of the family is not gay.

Also, those males (no study yet on females) where the gay gene is not expressed i.e. it's there, but was not 'triggered' by varied test. levels tend to have more children, be more faithful and have longer relationships.

So, in short, there's nought wrong with it and it's been proven by science.

Ta-daaaa!

higthepig said:
It saddens me,the proudest day of my life was the day i joined. The whole thing to me is pointless,youre gay,im straight,let it go,to be gay is NOT natural,can we have a march for the Royal Navy or does that get up your noses,as Nutty said can we march with the BNP or ay other political party? Where were the Army and RAF,and please no crap about the navy showing its diversity. Perhaps if my lords or whoever thought it up spent as much time lobbying the politicians,we might get back to having a Navy that really mattered,those are my views to which i am entitled,so there is no need for anyone to reply,cos i dont give a flying fid, end of story.

I think Voltaire said it best " I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

You are entitled to your opinion yes however, as you left the navy in 1979 I am afraid you do not represent today’s navy. (Thankfully!!)

We have females at sea, pregnancy does not lead to termination of service and yes we have poofs in uniform

There were gays in the navy with you when you served; they were your boss, your oppo and the lads under you. You undoubtedly never knew.

I was very proud the day I joined up and very proud the day I passed out, I have had days of despair and days of joy but everything that has happened in the past was laid to rest as I walked in that parade!

I serve my country with pride

I only wish some people would be proud I can serve my country.

Hegs said:
I was very proud the day I joined up and very proud the day I passed out, I have had days of despair and days of joy but everything that has happened in the past was laid to rest as I walked in that parade!

What a drama queen ! Yeah there were brown hatters in the old days, but they generaly had the decency and discretion not to embarrass the service by marching in queer pride parades.
The only gay in the village sketch from little britain says it all, these people love the attention of being different and causing a stir and hate it when people ignore the fact that they are bent cos it makes them less interesting. "We just want to be accepted, whine whine" Well stop marching in pink parades and get on with your job for fcuks sake!!!!!
Of course it is wrong for a man to want to bum a man and no amount of psych crap will change that. Not many people have mentioned their true feelings here, but like I said before, regardless of my ideas on the rights and wrongs of being queer I do not NOT have a problem as long as it is not showing the RN in a bad light. I feel the RN has been let down by this gay march and it has tainted the uniform in the same way as it would have if Jack had marched in an animal rights parade or Ku Klux Klan parade. The uniform is not for that !
Great Pics Nozzy by the way, you got me there mate! Busted!

geoffrey said:
How completely and utterly absurd - "knows it is unnatural and wrong"? So you're saying that minority = abnormal = wrong. Is that every minority, or just the ones you can't see by looking?
No! I am saying for a male to be into another male is un natural. Not every minority at all.

**** it. Lets have a hetrosexual parade and wear our old uniforms with pride. Ooops. We would not be allowed would we?!?

I for one am totally fucked off with gay men continually telling me they are no different to me. Sorry, but you are. I am male and like women - you don't, so bloody live with it.

Diversity - it only seems to count if you are not white and bat for the other side.

I am quite happy for you to have pride serving your country and as far as I am concerned, you have every right to feel that way. Just please stop bleating on about it and making it seem as if only gays have the right to march in rig. As others have said, we should now let our sailors march in rig at BNP rallies, KKK rallies or even animal rights. That ain't gonna happen is it???

I would suggest there is a subtle difference between a gay sailor taking part in a rally with others of the same persuasion and taking part in a political rally.

Peter

.[/quote] What a drama queen ! Yeah there were brown hatters in the old days, but they generaly had the decency and discretion not to embarrass the service by marching in queer pride parades.
The only gay in the village sketch from little britain says it all, these people love the attention of being different and causing a stir and hate it when people ignore the fact that they are bent cos it makes them less interesting. "We just want to be accepted, whine whine" Well stop marching in pink parades and get on with your job for fcuks sake!!!!!
Of course it is wrong for a man to want to bum a man and no amount of psych crap will change that. Not many people have mentioned their true feelings here, but like I said before, regardless of my ideas on the rights and wrongs of being queer I do not NOT have a problem as long as it is not showing the RN in a bad light. I feel the RN has been let down by this gay march and it has tainted the uniform in the same way as it would have if Jack had marched in an animal rights parade or Ku Klux Klan parade. The uniform is not for that !

brigham600 said:
**** it. Lets have a hetrosexual parade and wear our old uniforms with pride. Ooops. We would not be allowed would we?!?

I for one am totally fucked off with gay men continually telling me they are no different to me. Sorry, but you are. I am male and like women - you don't, so bloody live with it.

Diversity - it only seems to count if you are not white and bat for the other side.

I am quite happy for you to have pride serving your country and as far as I am concerned, you have every right to feel that way. Just please stop bleating on about it and making it seem as if only gays have the right to march in rig. As others have said, we should now let our sailors march in rig at BNP rallies, KKK rallies or even animal rights. That ain't gonna happen is it???

At long last, some one from the silent majority has spoken up. For gods sake the naval uniform is not some sort of gay icon!
I have no problem with gays/ lezies I had to work with many in the hotel and catering industry when I left the mob 2with no hassles. The problem I do have is with the fact that the navy’s name being used in this way by a small minority bent (no pun meant) on promoting their own agenda.
All in all a sad day for all parties concerned.

I remember when it became legal to be gay in the Australian Defence Force, about 15 years ago. I was one of those who argued strongly against it at the briefings and 'orientation sessions' delivered to all personnel before the event, but I have to say that life as we knew it did not end and there were no mass leapings out of the closet. That said, there are still some problems with some people who believe that being gay excludes them from any criticism of their job performance.

Marching in the Gay Mardi Gras however, is still prohibited in uniform as is any other kind of political activity.

Jack77 said:
Marching in the Gay Mardi Gras however, is still prohibited in uniform as is any other kind of political activity.

Maybe instead of trying to jump on every diversity bandwaggon, their Lordships should follow the above.

On the other hand I would suggest that taking part in a Gay Pride march is no more political activity than taking part in a WI fete, or collecting for the RNLI.

Peter

Maxi_77 said:
I would suggest there is a subtle difference between a gay sailor taking part in a rally with others of the same persuasion and taking part in a political rally.

Peter
I agree, I'd rather see him in rig at a KKK meeting :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Lingyai said:
Maxi_77 said:

Peter
I agree, I'd rather see him in rig at a KKK meeting :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Par for the course for you I fear.

Peter

Maxi_77 said:

Peter

Sorry, I but I disagree with that comment. You tell me what the difference is please. One group is marching to substantiate 'political correctness' and the others are marching about the politics of of what they believe in.

So show me the difference.

As I said in my earlier post. I am totally sick of gay people being allowed to get everything they bloody well want these days. They are even allowed to marry and probably have a married quarter, whereas I bet the MOD do not allow a single man and women to live together in a quarter and have 'married' rights.

I am not homophobic, but I am sick of the hetrosexual world being made to feel abnormal. :x

This thread is particularly enlightening as it shows the full force of thed dribbling bigotry that some people try and hide until someone mentions the dreaded "g" word. Yes, as I said before, I'm a little uncomfortable about people wearing uniform at a rally with a slight political message, but how the hell can you compare a gay pride march to a BNP, KKK or Animal Terrorist event? Are you completely off your rocker?

Those organisations are evil societies with disgusting agendas, dedicated to the hatred of certain other people, and I would suggest that certain other posters would be more at home at those marches than on this website.

What ever happened to "live and let live"? Unless you were there, then the "mincing matelots" didn't exactly flaunt it to you, did they? I'm seriously worried about the attitudes of some of the Daily Mail reading old Nazis on Rum Ration. "Silent Majority" my arse.

Yours very sadly...

G

brigham600 said:
Maxi_77 said:

Peter

Sorry, I but I disagree with that comment. You tell me what the difference is please. One group is marching to substantiate 'political correctness' and the others are marching about the politics of of what they believe in.

So show me the difference.

If you can't see the difference already then I suspect there is little I can say that will help, try thinking about what you have said and perhaps the scales will fall, but I hae ma doubts.

brigham600 said:
As I said in my earlier post. I am totally sick of gay people being allowed to get everything they bloody well want these days. They are even allowed to marry and probably have a married quarter, whereas I bet the MOD do not allow a single man and women to live together in a quarter and have 'married' rights.

The difference between a gay couple who have entered into a civil partenship and a 'normal' person with a partner of the opposite sex is just the sames as the difference between said heterosexual couple and a married couple. If they want married perks get married.

brigham600 said:
[
I am not homophobic, but I am sick of the hetrosexual world being made to feel abnormal. :x

If gays are making you feel abnormal then the problem lies with you and not them. Gays certainly do not make me feel in the slightest bit abnormal.

Peter

Latest Threads