Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Europe looks set to screw the UK for more money

Guns

War Hero
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...itish-taxpayers-ordered-to-bail-out-euro.html

Have to see if this pans out but if it does will cause all sorts of problems that makes this little spat about the election seem minor.

Europhile LibDems with mostly Eurospetic Cons in partnership trying to sort it out.

I think Cameron may use it as a chance to go to the polls early and make it a referendum matter. With the UKIP vote having take nearly 12 seats from Cons to Lab/LibDem he could make strong ground.

That and Libs and Lab are skint.
Thoughts???

The UK will protest to the cameras and meekly sign up, hell, Darling might even offer to underpin the whole deal, he's not going to have to face the consequences.

labrum

War Hero
We're stuffed, GBP/EUR has been all over the place in the last few days; we can't support one weak currency let alone two.

seafarer1939

War Hero
I do think Cam should placate UKIP in winnable seats,it cost them a good many seats including that tosser Balls.
In Marginals, drop the UKIP,vote for Cam and get a workable Government.
Best thing about the election was parties know the swing and where to put their efforts and tactics next time if it comes up shortly.
I don't post this with regards any party,I always vote for my local MP if he does his job,if he is on the make or closes hospitals,makes no effort to create local jobs then I vote for another.

flymo

War Hero
So why the "heck" do we stay in this doomed club?

For crying out loud, just pull out and let the other countries sort themselves out without us having to suffer in the process.

slim

War Hero
seafarer1939 said:
I do think Cam should placate UKIP in winnable seats,it cost them a good many seats including that tosser Balls.
In Marginals, drop the UKIP,vote for Cam and get a workable Government.
Best thing about the election was parties know the swing and where to put their efforts and tactics next time if it comes up shortly.
I don't post this with regards any party,I always vote for my local MP if he does his job,if he is on the make or closes hospitals,makes no effort to create local jobs then I vote for another.

UKIP were willing to not stand against the Conservatives if the Conservatives promised a referendum on staying in the EEC

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It's not a question of signing up, we are already bound to it under Qualified Majority Voting. Labour in signing up Lisbon so as to give Blair a shot at the EU Presidency have written Europe a blank cheque on the British taxpayer. That is FACT not a rant.

flymo

War Hero
It's called the "European stabilisation mechanism"

So who were the people who voted for the three main political parties which approve of this great idea ?
sarcasm mode {ON}

G

guestm

Europe is not screwing us for more money. Our weak representatives are.

slim

War Hero
It's my belief that the EU is the new Africa. For 60 years the West has been pouring money into sub Saharan Africa with little or no results. The same thing is now happening in the EEC, money being poured in from the UK to prop up countries like the French who won't modernise farming and so rely on the EU to fund the CAP and Greece who spends money it doesn't have.
Time to pull out, yes I voted for UKIP.

slim

War Hero
Montigny-La-Palisse said:

Another Labour balls up, Maggie had a veto, Blair gave it away.

G

guestm

slim said:

Youll get no argument from me there Slim. How that smiling shitbag sleeps at night is beyond me.

slim

War Hero
slim said:

Youll get no argument from me there Slim. How that smiling shitbag sleeps at night is beyond me.

Thirteen years of Labour mismanagement have screwed the country.
The checks that Maggie put in place to limit the damage the EEC could enforce have been given away and now we are at the mercy of Europe.
European laws take precedence over UK laws, why did our fathers and grandfathers bother in 1939-1945?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Sorry for the thread drift, but if the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats successfully form a coalition Government, will they be known as the "Condems"..?

:oops: :wink:

Stirling

Banned
sgtpepperband said:
Sorry for the thread drift, but if the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats successfully form a coalition Government, will they be known as the "Condems"..?

:oops: :wink:

Possibly maybe, probably no.

finknottle

Banned
slim said:

As he appears to have no conscience I imagine he sleeps well either that or he has popped in to the confessional box and after a few Hail Mary’s he is now at peace with himself. :twisted:

seafarer1939

War Hero
Just to but in once more,I think if Cam gets in he should immediately redraw the boundary lines that were adjusted by Labour to their advantage.
Again not a party point but if all seats are adjusted so no-one has an unfair advantage [and I include the Tory's if they try it] then it will go some way to cleaning up this rotten system.IMO

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Govt writes to Brits in Europe before transition period ends MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £61 million boost for Europe's largest 'flying lab' to tackle climate change from the skies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Central Europe conference for non-governmental influencers: call for bids MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK veterinary antibiotics sales among lowest levels recorded in Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tech Rocketship Awards search for entries from across Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK PC expert fits homes all over Europe with custom computers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CAVForth: creating Europe's first full-sized autonomous bus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Chair of Council of Europe's Committee of Ministers: Alternate Foreign Minister of Greece, H.E. Mr. Miltiadis Varvitsiotis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Fighter Jets, Surveillance and Refuelling aircraft have been in action across Europe this week in support of NATO allies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The NDA Supply Chain Event – the largest of its kind in Europe – launches its registration today. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary hails new horizons for rail travel across Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe supports stronger United Kingdom-Spain ties at annual talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extension of pub opening hours in celebration of the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE) Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe makes first official visit to Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe welcomes steps towards peace in eastern Ukraine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe commits to strengthening United Kingdom-Italy ties at Pontignano Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Space Agency joins Women in Aerospace Europe organisation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Minister for Europe to make Ukraine his first foreign trip MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State speech at the Ambrosetti Forum: Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK farm’s garlic hot sauce pleases palates across Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK one of first countries in Europe to receive Google Flood Alerts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe & Americas statement on the death of the Ambassador of the Republic of Armenia to the United Kingdom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe praises work of Western Balkans Missing Persons Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe accompanies Their Royal Highnesses on a visit to Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Secretary of State Steve Barclay's speech at the Future of Europe Conference at Sibiu, Romania MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe accompanies The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall on Their official visit to Germany MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK outstrips other EU nations as top investment destination in Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: NATO appoints UK Officer Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: CMA leads Europe-wide action on car hire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe statement on the resignation of President Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: The Minister for Europe meets Russian First Deputy Foreign Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe calls for investigation into persecution of LGBT community in Chechnya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and Poland join forces to curb hostile state activity across Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe welcomes the results of Armenia’s parliamentary elections. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Speech: A world beyond Europe, a time beyond Brexit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: There is a world beyond Europe, and a time beyond Brexit - Fox MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Liam Fox: On the future of Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Liam Fox: On the future of Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe opens the fifth Wardrop Strategic Dialogue in Georgia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK leading Europe for FDI as Fox hunts future investors in China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe visits Istanbul for Turkish Republic Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe to champion UK-Spain ties at annual talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dstl analysts support Europe’s largest military exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe attends Gallipoli commemorations in Turkey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Europe’s largest military exercise gets under way in UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: United Kingdom's support for the OSCE and its efforts to achieve stability, peace and democracy for the people of Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe visits Albania and Kosovo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for Europe opens Strategic Dialogue with Georgia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM: Britain is unconditionally committed to the defence and security of Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: 1,500 British troops exercising with NATO allies in Europe MoD News 0