Europe looks set to screw the UK for more money

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Guns, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...itish-taxpayers-ordered-to-bail-out-euro.html

Have to see if this pans out but if it does will cause all sorts of problems that makes this little spat about the election seem minor.

Europhile LibDems with mostly Eurospetic Cons in partnership trying to sort it out.

I think Cameron may use it as a chance to go to the polls early and make it a referendum matter. With the UKIP vote having take nearly 12 seats from Cons to Lab/LibDem he could make strong ground.

That and Libs and Lab are skint.
    Thoughts???

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The UK will protest to the cameras and meekly sign up, hell, Darling might even offer to underpin the whole deal, he's not going to have to face the consequences.

3. We're stuffed, GBP/EUR has been all over the place in the last few days; we can't support one weak currency let alone two.

4. Like we've got the cash to spare ? Effin amazing.

5. I believe the world economy is shagged.

6. I do think Cam should placate UKIP in winnable seats,it cost them a good many seats including that tosser Balls.
    In Marginals, drop the UKIP,vote for Cam and get a workable Government.
    Best thing about the election was parties know the swing and where to put their efforts and tactics next time if it comes up shortly.
    I don't post this with regards any party,I always vote for my local MP if he does his job,if he is on the make or closes hospitals,makes no effort to create local jobs then I vote for another.

7. So why the "heck" do we stay in this doomed club?

For crying out loud, just pull out and let the other countries sort themselves out without us having to suffer in the process.

8. UKIP were willing to not stand against the Conservatives if the Conservatives promised a referendum on staying in the EEC

9. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

It's not a question of signing up, we are already bound to it under Qualified Majority Voting. Labour in signing up Lisbon so as to give Blair a shot at the EU Presidency have written Europe a blank cheque on the British taxpayer. That is FACT not a rant.

10. It's called the "European stabilisation mechanism"

So who were the people who voted for the three main political parties which approve of this great idea ?
    sarcasm mode {ON}

11. Europe is not screwing us for more money. Our weak representatives are.

12. Sorry Monty - I can't differentiate between the two

13. It's my belief that the EU is the new Africa. For 60 years the West has been pouring money into sub Saharan Africa with little or no results. The same thing is now happening in the EEC, money being poured in from the UK to prop up countries like the French who won't modernise farming and so rely on the EU to fund the CAP and Greece who spends money it doesn't have.
    Time to pull out, yes I voted for UKIP.

14. Another Labour balls up, Maggie had a veto, Blair gave it away.

15. Youll get no argument from me there Slim. How that smiling shitbag sleeps at night is beyond me.

16. Thirteen years of Labour mismanagement have screwed the country.
    The checks that Maggie put in place to limit the damage the EEC could enforce have been given away and now we are at the mercy of Europe.
    European laws take precedence over UK laws, why did our fathers and grandfathers bother in 1939-1945?

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sorry for the thread drift, but if the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats successfully form a coalition Government, will they be known as the "Condems"..?

:oops: :wink:

18. Possibly maybe, probably no.

19. As he appears to have no conscience I imagine he sleeps well either that or he has popped in to the confessional box and after a few Hail Mary’s he is now at peace with himself. :twisted:

20. Just to but in once more,I think if Cam gets in he should immediately redraw the boundary lines that were adjusted by Labour to their advantage.
    Again not a party point but if all seats are adjusted so no-one has an unfair advantage [and I include the Tory's if they try it] then it will go some way to cleaning up this rotten system.IMO