Europcar Car Rental

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by mcyates, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I booked a car last month and got a lot of discount going through the forces discout site but there link isn't on the forces discount site anymore.

Are Europcar still doing the 40% off (Sure it was 40%) to members of the UK Armed forces?

When I clocked on the link on www.forcesdiscounts-mod.co.uk it came up with a page on the Europcar website which was for Forces personnel only. I can't find anything about it anymore!!

Thank in advance. I'm in Plymouth and i'm hiring a car for the 29th Jan 2010 for 3 days. Thanks again.

2. The Plymouth branch is closed, i'll ring them next week. Just thought someone might have a link to the forces site.

3. Please excuse me - I'm a little confused...are you saying that you're not in the forces anymore and are unable to get the discount?

4. i'm still in the Forces but I can't find the discount anymore. I'll just have to ring them up next week, got dummy MASC on Monday so will try Wednesday as we get in late on Tuesday.

5. Hmmm..looks like they've stopped. Best phone them as you say...

6. It's always worth asking for forces discount anywhere - you never know what you'll get.

Ref Europcar - if they've stopped the discount there's always the chance that the person who takes your call doesn't know that they have stopped it so ask and you may still get!

7. A word of warning with forces discount - there are usually conditions attached (which they don't tell you about) and if your booking falls foul of these then you could end up paying more. I'd advise checking the rate without any discount, to make sure you are actually saving money! I got stung by a well-known car rental company which begins with 'H' and ends in 'z' where my forces discount rate was £20 more than the standard website rate.

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Hell! I didn't know tha Heinz did car rental :oops: