Euro Elections

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lsadirty, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went over to cast my vote this morning - 19 candidates, and a voting slip half the size of the Telegraph. Interestingly, outside was posted a list of the candidates, which gave the addresses of each. For some strange reason, one of the LibDems gave his address as GIB FFS !!, so was not surprised to see him knocking on doors.
    Apart from a letter from Broon the Doomed and Call me Dave, and the Tories once blocking the shopping precinct downstairs, nothing else. Seems like none of the Parties were very interested - is this just a Guzz thing, or has anyone else seen such signs of apathy ?

2. I would have looked for the signs but in the end I couldn't be bothered.

3. Gib is classes as part of the South West UK for European representation purposes. There was a judgement about a year ago that Gib should br represented, but since it's not a sovereign state it has to be included in the UK provision.

As for the last, I had visits from Tories and Lib Dems, I also had leaflets from UKIP. I get the impression that the South West is seen as fairly firmly liberal so Labour aren't going to invest too much effort and it becomes a tory/ lib dem issue.

4. Well up here in sunny Oxford we've had visits from the Liberals, Tories, Greens and UKIP.

Leaftlets from all the usual suspects too. I voted on the way to work this morning (about 7.20), and got the impression that it was quite busy- maybe the weather is encouraging peopple toget out and vote- turnout's usually better when the sun shines.