Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Stirling, Dec 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Group B looks tasty, Germany & the Dutch have history and Portugal kick lumps off opponents if things do not go their way. Pundits are already saying Engerland are lucky, yes lucky to go forward from the first stage, Ukraine will be no pushover on their own soil and the friendly win against Sweden means nowt. French to top our group, the game against Spain although a friendly showed just how lacking we are going forward. You do not win tournaments on a solid defence alone.

2. They had said solid defence. We have Terry, Ferdigland, Cahill Johnson, Klingon head and jagielka.

3. To be fair Klingon head is in good form. The press are already saying we are in with the best chance in years (again).

Out in the quarters having scraped the group with 4 points.

4. I fancy the boxheads.

5. Well apart from Greece, what have the................

6. Do you really think the tournament will take place? The Euro Zone is about to collapse, which, according to the Germans, is the only thing that's stopped them from from starting a world war for the past 50 years. Surely they have unfinished business with Eastern Europe?

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Thank fcuk I wont have to watch or read about all that shite living down here.

8. For some reason I don't have a lot of interest either. Not for some nationalistic bullshit, I just don't ******* like 'em.

9. The players, that is.

10. If we continue to play crab football, 6 passes sideways and one pass back with the occasional hoof upfield for the lone striker we will win fuckall.

11. It was an interesting draw, Groups B and C have a cluster of the big teams, so they have to knock each other out.

Spain to be strong.

We 'can' top the group, France are not the team of old, Sweden will be difficult but we have enough and Ukraine will be sticky but a draw would be sufficient.

Now i have my money on Germany, they are strong, young yet experienced, flash and solid, energetic and calm, after watching them against Belgium two week ago, i could not take my eyes off the screen. Pure class.

I predict a group topping finish, facing Italy in the Quarters, that's were we say goodbye.

Bring it on, the set up of the Euros should mean a better standard of football than some of the crap the world cup had to offer.

Now all we have to wait for is the demon metatarsal fracture of someone, the papers bigging us up and John terry to ravage another players Mrs, if nothing else is certain, they should be!

12. Italy are nothing special. De Rossi, Montolivo and Balotelli aside they are very average indeed. France are improving again and are much better for the wake up call that was the world cup.

13. Yes thinking about it today i must agree. France will be top. Meaning Spain for us if all goes to plan for them, either way, i really have faith we will do well in the group stage, but say chow in the Quarters.

14. I have a France shirt. I like wearing it to wind people up at 5 a side.