Euphemisms for a stiff ignoring

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Naval_Gazer, Jun 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In common Service parlance, "We will take the neccessary action" seems to have been replaced by "We will address this issue". I have just heard yet another government minister on the radio saying "We will take note of what people are saying". Another government minister is in the habit of saying "We will certainly look at this."

Has anyone noticed any other form of words used by those in authority as synonyms for a 'stiff ignoring'?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I wasn't gonna reply to this thread but then I...

Oh damn! I fell for it! :oops: :wink:
  3. You can always delete your post although the effect is ruined if someone has quoted you. :biggrin:
  4. sgtpepperband

So you could't ignore my post then? Hahaha... you fell for my cunning ploy! :twisted:
  5. I will examine this post "in due course", (ie. never).
  6. I hear what you are saying, but you are wrong :argue:
  7. sgtpepperband

"I'll just transfer you to someone in the right Department...."

"Hello? Hello?!" :evil:
  8. Feck off tosspot
  9. sgtpepperband

Is that a euphemism or you talking to me?! :oops: :wink:
  10. "I will pass it on to my team"

Whilst they forget to make a note of what to pass on, and forget to tell you when it will be resolved...
  11. sgtpepperband

"Ram it, I'm RDP!"

"DSM, SMR..."

12. "We value your custom. Please hold and one of our representatives will be with you soon." Cut to muffled discordant strains of 'Ode to Joy'. I should cocoa!
  13. I'll take it onboard.

Funny when used by someone who has never ever been on a ship or any sort of waterbourne craft.
  14. "I can see where you're coming from." Uh?
  15. "euphemism"

SPB you are never a tosspot IMHO

We just differ on the finer points of procedures

Nutty xxxxxxxxx
  16. If you're not living on the edge - You're taking up too much room!

17. Our ex State PM used the phrase "We're looking into it" or "We'll look into it" so often he earned himself the nickname of Mirrorman !

Personally, when it comes to political phrases I don't think you can beat Francis Urquart from House of Cards.

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
  18. "Thank you for your contribution BUT...."

"Staff in all grades will be listened to..." [but not heard] = feck off juniors!

We keep having annual surveys. There is one topic that keeps arising every year and meets with the same response: It is completely ignored. The issue isn't pay. :roll: These surveys are carried out so that we retain IiP status.

"We wish to thank all those who participated..." [and we will carry on as before you gullible barstewards :twisted: ]

"Your vote makes a difference!" :lol:

"We value the contribution of all staff..."
  19. "No Problem Sir"
    Yeah its not a problem to me as I'll do feck all about it
  20. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Re Opinion Surveys, the coy that paid me in the afterlife (NB I try and avoid the W word) had these from at least 1971. In one I remember two dept managers were roasted by their troops so what happened? they swapped depts.