EU Referendum / Brexit & Fallout

EU Referendum 2016. Do you want to stay in, or get out?

• Stay in the EU.

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • Get out of the EU.

Votes: 147 68.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
would an HQ out of EU get away from any potential tariff, issues the UK may have with EU? who knows, he isn't taking any chances with his cash stash[/QUOTE]
But isn't that exactly the point? He said 'Leave' . It will be better out of the EU, but not that much better that I risk any of my future income on it.

Sumo

War Hero
would an HQ out of EU get away from any potential tariff, issues the UK may have with EU? who knows, he isn't taking any chances with his cash stash
But isn't that exactly the point? He said 'Leave' . It will be better out of the EU, but not that much better that I risk any of my future income on it.[/QUOTE]
Was he expecting a government to have done better in the 2 years they have had, but just incase they still make a cock up (looks good) he is not really going to risk his company?
The leave vote was in, did some have the assumption our politician's would know what to do with that fact? the issue in parliament over the last few days shows, some had no idea, some weren't listening, some didn't seem to care and other had their own agendas.
Yes he said leave is this him speaking with forked tongue or note to PM sort your shit out?

Sumo

War Hero
@dapperdunn they have just been talking about this on BBC R2 a few different opinions why, some of what we are thinking other was he may have wanted leave to get rid of EU rules stopping his future vision, it has been stated to untangle bits of EU rules will take but if he wants to trade with EU he still has to comply?

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
@dapperdunn they have just been talking about this on BBC R2 a few different opinions why, some of what we are thinking other was he may have wanted leave to get rid of EU rules stopping his future vision, it has been stated to untangle bits of EU rules will take but if he wants to trade with EU he still has to comply?
I was listening too, or at least trying to. :)

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Heard a great quote on the radio this morning WRT Brexit:
It's a 'Hotel California Brexit': You can check out , but you can never leave :)

Sumo

War Hero
Heard a great quote on the radio this morning WRT Brexit:
It's a 'Hotel California Brexit': You can check out , but you can never leave :)
If we wish to maintain trade with the EU, we can never leave, my parent company is American, we are having to ensure all parts to be sold in the EU are EU compliant?
Which is a problem for the states side, as the EU is much more environmentally aware than they are? Not withstanding places like Orange County California, which is well hot on environmental protection.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If we wish to maintain trade with the EU, we can never leave, my parent company is American, we are having to ensure all parts to be sold in the EU are EU compliant?
Which is a problem for the states side, as the EU is much more environmentally aware than they are? Not withstanding places like Orange County California, which is well hot on environmental protection.
That's a bit of a red herring IMO, it keeps getting bandied about as a downside to leaving but in reality whichever country you wish to sell your goods to, you have to comply with their standards otherwise they won't let you sell.

That applies to every country in the world, hence the UK kite mark, if it doesn't meet the minimum requirement it don't go on the shelves, simples innit.

Sumo

War Hero
That's a bit of a red herring IMO, it keeps getting bandied about as a downside to leaving but in reality whichever country you wish to sell your goods to, you have to comply with their standards otherwise they won't let you sell.

That applies to every country in the world, hence the UK kite mark, if it doesn't meet the minimum requirement it don't go on the shelves, simples innit.
Agree, just pointing out that some think, once or if we leave the EU, we will have nothing to do with their rules again, totally wrong assumption.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There's so much bollixs being spread by both sides isn't there. If/when we leave all of those Euro farmers are going to refuse to sell us their salad produce, flowers and cars (to name but a few) aren't they. This will probably lead to the biggest shakeup in British politics ever, there could be quite a few MP's looking for a job after the next election (which won't be long.)

guns1969

War Hero
There's so much bollixs being spread by both sides isn't there. If/when we leave all of those Euro farmers are going to refuse to sell us their salad produce, flowers and cars (to name but a few) aren't they. This will probably lead to the biggest shakeup in British politics ever, there could be quite a few MP's looking for a job after the next election (which won't be long.)
Whether you are for or against the EU, I hope that all the MP's that have failed to carry out the will of the People are voted out of their jobs and kicked into the nearest sewerage works, never to be heard of again.
The trouble is, if that happens, that bastard Corbyn will probably end up in No 10.

taffscrivs

War Hero
I for one think that St. Theresa should stand up in The Commons and say "Here's the new deal for all you back stabbing, fence sitting, self interested, go against the peoples wishes, dishonest bastards, F*CK YOU ALL,
AS OF NOW, I QUIT! Then the shit would really hit the fan. Who else amongst those yellow bellied bastards would step up to the plate? How the woman has put up with all the bollocks in Government without the support of her own side is beyond me.

Last edited: