EU Referendum / Brexit & Fallout

EU Referendum 2016. Do you want to stay in, or get out?

• Stay in the EU.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • Get out of the EU.

Votes: 137 69.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 15 7.6%

• Total voters
Theresa should remember the immortal words "Britons will never be slaves."
At the moment it would seem that we are, as Junker and his cronies are brokering the best deal for the EU to cover German and French losses when we finally leave.
Where's the British fighting spirit? It should be "Here's the deal take it or leave it."
When the Continentals look at the big picture and realise what they are likely to lose long term if THEY don't broker a good all round deal they won't be so bloody cocky. Mrs May should call their bluff and show some spirit as Maggie would have done.

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
More threats , this is starting to piss me off as I read it that they do not want our exit and will throw as many barriers in the way to make us change our minds. I say call their bluff and offer less money to leave , foxtrot oscar in other words.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41941414
I think that it has finally hit the few brain cells of certain EU ministers that we are getting out, and the reality of them having to put more of their own ickies into the pot is hard for them to accept, so they are trying to convince us that we really do need to stay, and be good little Europeans, and do as we are told.
I say 'Bollocks' - Feck 'em...

What has become clear is they have no intention of giving the UK a good trade deal but want to sting us for a huge donation for their funds before they tell us to FO. There is very little point in continuing talks only to be humiliated at some time in the not too distant future. The message is loud and clear to any of the other current EU states who might be considering going their own way that the same treatment awaits them.

What has become clear is they have no intention of giving the UK a good trade deal but want to sting us for a huge donation for their funds before they tell us to FO. There is very little point in continuing talks only to be humiliated at some time in the not too distant future. The message is loud and clear to any of the other current EU states who might be considering going their own way that the same treatment awaits them.

The EU mandarins are scared witless that other current member states will follow the Brexit lead, and derail the gravy train. Once the UK gets out - assuming that the Remoaners don't manage to reverse the democratic process - then it's only a matter of time before the whole EU house of cards comes tumbling down.

The EU mandarins are scared witless that other current member states will follow the Brexit lead, and derail the gravy train. Once the UK gets out - assuming that the Remoaners don't manage to reverse the democratic process - then it's only a matter of time before the whole EU house of cards comes tumbling down.
Which will be a good thing. The original '70s format of a trade partnership to benefit all members was a good vision. Then along came an ever growing band of power pissed beurocrats who ballsed it all up. To my mind the whole thing needs a massive overhaul but this will never happen because those in power in Brussels will lose their status.