EU presidency

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by whitemouse, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did consider this for CA, but bearing in mind some of the comments regarding a certain contender for this unnecessary position, I thought DLs might be more apt.

There is an active website dedicated to stopping a certain Mr T Bliar from asuming this position:

They are not too happy that Bliar is putting his hat in the ring, and are looking for supporters to bring pressure to prevent this.
  2. Listening to Radio 4 this morning, the boxheads have already made it clear that he's not wanted. They should know a megalomaniac when they see one; they've followed a few.
  3. I'd vote for Jeremy Clarkson given the chance.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What is it with leaders of the labour party and europe? First Kinnock who was repeatedly rejected by the british electorate goes on to Lord it up in the EU and now Blair who for some reason kept getting elected now wants to lord it up......

Is money and expenses for the family, or less accountability the attraction?
  5. Let's put it this way. Would you really want to get off the gravy train once you were on it?
  6. Does anyone else find it strange that one should instinctively take some pride in one's former Prime Minister but, in this instance, it's almost impossible? Mind you, wait till it's the current bugger's turn!
  7. It has to be Tony Benn who talks lots of sense.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The best PM this country never had! I loved his leaving speech, when he said that 'he was retiring so he could devote more of his time to politics!'

Top geezer! :thumright:
  9. Tony Benn was on Radio 2 the other day - spinning dits about his time in the House of Commons - very entertaining!