EU, NO-DEAL BREXIT BACKSTOP...and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Levers Aligned, he reminds me of someone.
All these rants and character assasinations?
If this isn't Monty in disguise it must be his twin brother!

Sorry, Janner. I've watched that clip three times now. Maybe there's an edit,or a jump in the narrative. Where exactly does it say that Verhofstadt is proposing 'stripping countries of their sovereignty'? I see him say he wants a unification and simplification of policy, and a move toward a unified agreement. But what does this have to do with 'stripping of sovereignty'? Before you respond, just consider how ineffective the UK would be if Lancashire decided to opt out of the pound and adopt the Euro, Rutland agreed in principle and had locally voted to adopt both currencies but cut tax to attract investors, Cornwall was exempt from transferring criminals back into the UK so was therefore a crims haven, Scotland decided to completely **** environmental policies and had a coal fired power station on the border which pumped dangerous quantities of N2, CO and CO2 across into Cumbria - and also decided that Rosyth and Faslane will only host Scottish vessels and London itself was a free trade area with it's own borders and passport checks? Would you call it undemocratic to say to those individual counties and areas 'please unify you policies, as it will be better and make us stronger against competition from other nation states'?

I think you need to look at what is being said, not what you believe is being said. And besides, anything he says is irrelevant now. We have zero influence.

levers

Polto

War Hero
I'm afraid I find all the arguments somewhat superfluous and unnecessary, particularly when it reaches the lows of constant name-calling and the like. Sustained forms of this could actually be classed as online bullying I should think and frankly I just end up skipping over the content so the whole post becomes in-valid for me.
But, with regards to the central issue, Brexit...well, the reasons why we voted what we voted no longer matter. We are leaving the EU. Article 50 has been activated/pressed/pushed/emailed/whatever, and the country is gearing up to leave, at present it's looking like a no-deal exit however it might be possible that Angela Merkel can sweeten up Macron although he does give the impression that he despises those that live this side of the Channel - he is clearly going to have some fishery problems amongst other things. The immovable teashop seems to think that if he stays firm then nothing will happen which surely is failing to prepare...I guess they don't want us to leave and upset the status quo...even though at a political level we aren't particularly popular. Every morning I wake up and ask the dog if we've left the EU yet...do you know what she says? Woof woof. I wonder what part of "We are leaving" they (certain elements of the EU and some businesses here) don't understand? Just my rambling thoughts anyway for what it's worth.

I'm afraid I find all the arguments somewhat superfluous and unnecessary, particularly when it reaches the lows of constant name-calling and the like. Sustained forms of this could actually be classed as online bullying I should think and frankly I just end up skipping over the content so the whole post becomes in-valid for me.
Skip over it, then. With regard bullying, I think if any such accusation came from the likes of Slim or Sumo (who, despite their failings, I assume are a bit thicker skinned, if not skulled) then I'd be grat issuing snowflake earrings to them. Is it bullying to disagree and highlight failings in thought processes and accuse people of xenophobia? Are you not alluding I am a bully and therefore bullying me by nature of that unproven accusation? I'm so upset. Watch me cry. Boo hoo.

But, with regards to the central issue, Brexit...
Oh, great. Here we go ...

well, the reasons why we voted what we voted no longer matter.
Not to you, anyway. Please don't speak for me. Ta.

We are leaving the EU. Article 50 has been activated/pressed/pushed/emailed/whatever, and the country is gearing up to leave, at present it's looking like a no-deal exit however it might be possible that Angela Merkel can sweeten up Macron although he does give the impression that he despises those that live this side of the Channel - he is clearly going to have some fishery problems amongst other things.
Dude. Are you on the turps or summat? Where the **** is this going?

The immovable teashop seems to think that if he stays firm then nothing will happen which surely is failing to prepare...I guess they don't want us to leave and upset the status quo...even though at a political level we aren't particularly popular.
HEY! He's getting it, folks! But it doesn't matter, don't forget.

Every morning I wake up and ask the dog if we've left the EU yet...do you know what she says? Woof woof.
I tend to turn on the news. I don't want to come over all bullying or owt, but it is fanciful to imagine, at any time, that canine development is such advanced that your pooch will understand any complexities beyond 'bark', 'wag tail', 'shit in park so owner picks it up' and 'eat Chappie'. You may be sourcing the wrong areas for your daily updates. Just sayin' ...

I wonder what part of "We are leaving" they (certain elements of the EU and some businesses here) don't understand? Just my rambling thoughts anyway for what it's worth.
I think we all understand it. It's just the prospect of leaving without a deal or any framework to ensure our economic survival and political influence which tends to worry the arse off some. Ask your dog if he's worried though. He might say 'woof!'

levers

Polto

War Hero
Seems to be some interference on this website at the moment...anyone else got this? Hopefully it'll clear up soon. Maybe if I turn it off and on again...

slim

War Hero
Levers is definitely not a bully
For a person to be bullied that have to be affected by the remarks made.
Basically I cannot give a sh!t at anything the racist says as I have little or no respect for my bezzie oppo Levers

@Levers_Aligned go interact on this site, remember to tell them you're a WO, and if they can't answer your questions, they are all racist bigots, you will go down like a storm, I am sure they will be gentle with your ego.
What? And let you off the hook?

No. I'll leave them be. ARRSE isn't my concern. Xenophobic, lying bigots on here who don't have the potatoes to admit they are such are my concern.

Like you.

levers

slim

War Hero
Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Well it aint me or Sumo but definitely sounds like someone on here who does not like any other opinion but his own :) :) :)

Polto

War Hero
I was unaware that steel from Scunthorpe was used in the construction of railways in France. How lovely.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Since you are having some sunshine forecast for the next few days, I'm going to pop over to the UK for a couple of days. Maybe see what all the fuss is about........

I'll be in the Gosport-ish area if you fancy a pint Levers........

Sumo

War Hero
Basically I cannot give a sh!t at anything the racist says as I have little or no respect for my bezzie oppo Levers
but you missed the snowflake world we live in, if anyone read something that offended them they can complain and say, they think like that and feel bullied?
main reason I don't say to much at work, to many offended snow flakes?

Sumo

War Hero
Since you are having some sunshine forecast for the next few days, I'm going to pop over to the UK for a couple of days. Maybe see what all the fuss is about........

I'll be in the Gosport-ish area if you fancy a pint Levers........
I'll be nowhere near pompey, I don't think, not been told what I am doing yet :D

slim

War Hero
What I should have said was I have liitle or no respect for the opinions of my bezzie oppo Levers.
I certainly respect the fact that he is ex field gun even though he could not have run for Air. :)

Sumo

War Hero
What I should have said was I have liitle or no respect for the opinions of my bezzie oppo Levers.
I certainly respect the fact that he is ex field gun even though he could not have run for Air. :)
he has run the Field Gun race or is an ex field gun, what's he now a 40m bofor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads