EU, NO-DEAL BREXIT BACKSTOP...and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumo

War Hero
Levers - I do hope you have passed your fitness test recently, since you are quite old and I am (seriously) concerned about your blood pressure and heart. Here’s why.

I may have mentioned this last time you went off on a major rant, but I can’t be arrsed looking.
Y

I have a good mate. He is a Remainer/Remoaner who also spouts his version of the Remain Gospel. The EU can do no wrong etc, the UK is screwed if/when we leave etc etc.Trouble is, he has some problems and I know that you are not him, as he is no longer Serving.

He manages to get himself SO worked up about Brexit that he has to withdraw from all ‘Social Media’ and calm himself down for a couple of weeks. He has begun to get a wee bit upset again since Boris came along and the ranting has begun again.

So, take a deep breath - in through the nose and out through the mouth. Chill. There is NOTHING you can do about whatever happens. NOTHING. You can quote this and that fact - makes no difference. You can do NOTHING.

Life is too short.

PS - I moved to Spain for one reason only - the sun. Grew up in the West coast of Scotland, served in boats - I’m DUE some sun time.
He doesn't seem as bad as last time. Also no longer a skimmer he finished as a submariner.
Yes you did mention our mutual on the other Brexit thread. Obviously memory goes with age ;) :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted 493

Levers - I do hope you have passed your fitness test recently, since you are quite old and I am (seriously) concerned about your blood pressure and heart. Here’s why.

I may have mentioned this last time you went off on a major rant, but I can’t be arrsed looking.

I have a good mate. He is a Remainer/Remoaner who also spouts his version of the Remain Gospel. The EU can do no wrong etc, the UK is screwed if/when we leave etc etc.Trouble is, he has some problems and I know that you are not him, as he is no longer Serving.

He manages to get himself SO worked up about Brexit that he has to withdraw from all ‘Social Media’ and calm himself down for a couple of weeks. He has begun to get a wee bit upset again since Boris came along and the ranting has begun again.

So, take a deep breath - in through the nose and out through the mouth. Chill. There is NOTHING you can do about whatever happens. NOTHING. You can quote this and that fact - makes no difference. You can do NOTHING.

Life is too short.

PS - I moved to Spain for one reason only - the sun. Grew up in the West coast of Scotland, served in boats - I’m DUE some sun time.
I thank you deeply for your concern. It's heartwarming and nice of you to consider my health.

But as I get at least four games of five a side a week (and my next bus stop is sixty) and my last MOT check gave me a glowing report of rude health, I think you misinterpret what you think is 'spittle-filled ranting' for 'casualy and luxuriously toying with imbeciles'. Seriously, dealing with intellectually challenged individuals like Slim and Sumo is like playing keepy-uppy. And true to form, as much as they try, they themselves will render their own argument for leaving the EU into simple dislike and distrust of foreigners. It's got nowt to do with real facts about economy or politics. It's stuff they've mined, unchallenged and unverified, from shitbox websites or Page 7 of the Daily Mail (latterly, the Sun or the Daily Express) If they could tell me any real, palpable benefits and show, with evidence, the real gains made from leaving, it would be ******* wondrous. But even I struggled a bit on Referendum Day. I wanted to zone out the clear bollocks from the real facts - the EU is a ******* mess and we are, in some ways, propping it up. But what would we gain from leaving? Well, apart from lies on the side of a bus, absolutely nothing. We'd be worse off, as a nation and individually as citizens, if we extracted ourselves from this complex, but in many ways beneficial economic and political union. It may have helped if others reasoned like this but they didn't. They voted with what they believed could be the outcome, and because they were shit scared of (and don't understand) foreigners, be they asylum-seeking Muslims or Polish bricklayers.

I'm reading another book at the moment. It's called 'White Shift' and its by a bloke called Eric Kaufman. It is an excellent, well-resourced account as to why people like Slim and Sumo think and act like they do when faced with this subject. I get it. I understand why people's communities and livelihoods feel threatened by cultural change. I understand and support the need to rein in the EU and fight for a fairer deal with regard the UK. But what I don't agree with is linking the two and burning the ******* house down, simply to make some sort of point to which there is no point. Exiting the EU for a palpable, logical reason is understandable. Trying to explain why when you don't want to and are unable to explain the real reason why is what we have here.

And it is unforgivable. Not in my ******* name. Ever.

levers

D

Deleted 493

So what does this mean? MPs overwhelmingly voted against their constituents?

Strange, because the Tories won the following election with a remain-voting leader. The other parties gained seats in the lower house at the expense of Labour and UKIP (ostensibly strengthening the remain balance even further) and the whole political stalemate solidified further. The electorate - 37% of whom voted leave - voted in Theresa May's us-and-our-mates-the-DUP administration.

And still we're not out of the EU.

Does that shine any more light on your poster?

You really don't look at any wider picture, to you dumbass? Your life is scouring the internet for unverifiable memes and soundbites you can nod your head to, copy and paste and stick on here whilst thinking 'that'll show 'em'. Then you do just that and get served further portions of your fat, ridiculous arse on a plate.

Here's a tip. Before you put any more of this horseshit on here, have a think about the bigger picture and the underlying truths and facts supporting the information. I know it's tough, because over many pages you've shown yourself to be a pretty primitive, unthinking little fool whose brain is smooth, grey and full of low-end binaries like:

"Wipe arse when shit completed" YES/NO

"**** over Grattan catalogue pants and bra page" YES/NO

"Foreigners steal my packed lunch" YES/NO

But to try to further your understanding and reputation, have a little think about output before you make yourself look even more dafter than you do, eh? It may help, and people might just start to understand you, rather than pity you.

levers

Last edited by a moderator:

slim

War Hero
We are so lucky to have a sage on RR who preaches at is all and derides us in an attempt to make us see the light.
He should be lauded and thanked for his efforts in attempting to reform the great unwashed.
Now what should this reward be?

D

Deleted 493

We are so lucky to have a sage on RR who preaches at is all and derides us in an attempt to make us see the light.
Plane stomp coca-cola flip bat Maersk-shipping fagga slippage wilma flintstone Germany 1-0 Belgium, innit?

Ever the more incoherent and unhinged.

levers

Wightsparker

War Hero
In the 2016 referendum, the Isle of Wight voted to leave the EU. The percentages were 61.9% to leave, 39.1% to remain.
Seems like a clear mandate for an independence vote......

Sumo

War Hero
He should be lauded and thanked for his efforts in attempting to reform the great unwashed.
Now what should this reward be?
We can promise not to wind him up by disagreeing with him, as fishing for a bite is pointless, he takes hook line and sinker on every possible occasion, he will say not but every time he rants rave, insults and calls everyone racist, because we cannot, will not or can’t be arsed to answer his questions, he has lost it.

Or we could be nice and be his friend, he obviously needs some.

Or just ignore until he realises, answers to the unknown are difficult, especially when up against a system that does not declare all monetary ins and outs and refuses to be openly audited.

If that system was open and honest about what it does and its future intent, and open to reform, then we wouldn’t be where we are now, the original declared intent of the EEC and the EC have evolved via the EU to be completely different, it has become a massive social experiment, evolving dinosaur, that cannot see it has to reform to survive.

If some complain about changing the status quo, why have they gone along with all the changes from EEC through EC to EU without being up in arms? Because they were not aware in the main.

The reality is there is no status quo, the EU is forever changing and evolving unchecked.

D

Deleted 493

We can promise not to wind him up by disagreeing with him, as fishing for a bite is pointless, he takes hook line and sinker on every possible occasion, he will say not but every time he rants rave, insults and calls everyone racist, because we cannot, will not or can’t be arsed to answer his questions, he has lost it.
Except, the truth actually is, you're not after a 'bite' at all are you? This isn't some 'wind up'. This is what you actually believe, in that smooth, grey cabbage inside your thick skull. If it were a 'bite', this and other threads wouldn't have gone on longer than they would be and I am sure by now we'd be all laughing about it.

Or we could be nice and be his friend, he obviously needs some.
The day I need ignorant bigots as friends is the day I don't need friends, Fortunately I have friends who are Brexiters, but who don't have the xenophobic veneer of the likes of you and Slim.

Or just ignore until he realises, answers to the unknown are difficult, especially when up against a system that does not declare all monetary ins and outs and refuses to be openly audited.
So here's the switch. Why ******* vote to leave then? Why roll them dice and chance the lot if you don't know the facts and the outcomes which will affect you personally? It's the central pillar of my argument, and you are still avoiding it. Because you're actually a xenophobe. It's more about the people than it is the policy. Or it's about what you are outraged about, which you can't be arsed to reason with. Which says more about your integrity as a human being, in fact.

If that system was open and honest about what it does and its future intent, and open to reform, then we wouldn’t be where we are now, the original declared intent of the EEC and the EC have evolved via the EU to be completely different, it has become a massive social experiment, evolving dinosaur, that cannot see it has to reform to survive.
But it is open to reform. The EU has reformed. Just because Cameron goes across with a pretty strident set of demands and they are chucked out doesn't mean it is dead in the water. And, like most organisations, you can't reform things from without. But we've fucked that choice now. No point in talking about reform. 'We' voted. 'We'll' have to live with the consequences.

If some complain about changing the status quo, why have they gone along with all the changes from EEC through EC to EU without being up in arms? Because they were not aware in the main.

The reality is there is no status quo, the EU is forever changing and evolving unchecked.
In two paragraphs, you have answered your own statement. And, it may have escaped your attention but Europe has changed significantly since the end of the Second World War and will continue changing. It's idiotic to think there will be any 'steady state' with geopolitics.

levers

slim

War Hero
Please stop bing so horrid to Levers.
He cannot help being the way he is.
We should pity him and maybe set up a just giving page, not for money of course but for friends.
From levers bezzie oppo Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.