EU, NO-DEAL BREXIT BACKSTOP...and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
This happened 67 years ago. It's a 'letter' to a 'friend'. So, not 'policy', but an 'idea'.

Since then, we've had ideas about jetpacks, transporting people by beams of energy and grafting a horse's arse onto the face of a hapless, bigoted ex-matelot who posts on a bulletin board. Not all of these have been successful. We've also managed to land on the moon, unlock the genome and almost eradicate smallpox.

Sometimes ideas and intent, don't come to fruition because of the democratic process and above all else, rational thinking. I know you struggle with both of these. Please try to look them up*.

levers

*they are not on the 'Memes for Thick, Xenophobic Bastards' website

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Jesus. Now he's citing Daniel ******* Hannan as the doyen of reason and rationality. The man lionised Enoch ******* Powell, and is as right wing and swivel eyed as you can get. Anyone see him on Newsnight the other night?

Seen it all now.

levers

*reloads shotgun*

"PULL!"

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
No, no, NO! HE won't have any truck with that! You see, it says in the Title Line 'Part of....'

So we must ask what has been left out? And who believes the Spectator anyway?

EDITED TO ADD - TOLD YOU SO!! ^^^^^^^^^^

Lies I tells you. All lies!

PS Have you all seen the front cover of the latest Private Eye? Brilliant!

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
No, no, NO! HE won't have any truck with that! You see, it says in the Title Line 'Part of....'

So we must ask what has been left out? And who believes the Spectator anyway?

EDITED TO ADD - TOLD YOU SO!! ^^^^^^^^^^
Caps lock much, shouto? You might need to calm down a take a holiday. Oh, you have.

Lies I tells you. All lies!
Well, I'm not about to agree with a person who practically set up and executed the Vote Leave campaign and is umbilically joined to the ERG, am I?

PS Have you all seen the front cover of the latest Private Eye? Brilliant!
Yep. Corbyn is a wasteful, Marxist sock-puppet. I despise the ******.

levers

WreckerL

War Hero
Although I'm following this thread without any input (being a nasty remain voter ;) ), that meme is completely wrong with regards Norway. Unlike the UK, the Norwegian Government took charge of the North Sea oil profits. If you go to Norway today there are excellent roads and tunnels everywhere, paid for by the oil. Norway has billions in the bank which they use to invest in themselves.

Their success has very little to do with not being in the EU, although they pay in to it and comply with their rules.

Just saying!.

Last edited:

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Although I'm following this thread without any input (being a nasty remain voter ;) ), that meme is completely wrong with regards Norway. Unlike the UK, the Norwegian Government took charge of the North Sea oil profits. If you go to Norway today there are excellent roads and tunnels everywhere, paid for by the oil. Norway has billions in the bank which they use to invest in themselves.

They're success has very little to do with not being in the EU, although they pay in to it and comply with their rules.

Just saying!.
You've done it now, WreckerL.

How dare you disprove of anything Slim puts up to justify his choice to leave the EU (and mask his real intent)

How do the Norwegians deal with Big Issue sellers, Romany Gypsies and the unemployed, d'you know?

levers

WreckerL

War Hero
You've done it now, WreckerL.

How dare you disprove of anything Slim puts up to justify his choice to leave the EU (and mask his real intent)

How do the Norwegians deal with Big Issue sellers, Romany Gypsies and the unemployed, d'you know?

levers
Last time I was there, which was last year, (touring from Bergen to the North Cape and back) I never saw any Big Issue sellers or gypsies so can't answer that. They don't need full EU membership because they used the oil money wisely.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Last time I was there, which was last year, (touring from Bergen to the North Cape and back) I never saw any Big Issue sellers or gypsies so can't answer that. They don't need full EU membership because they used the oil money wisely.
Ah, y'see.

This is probably the model which Slim et al are looking for.

All Big Issue sellers, Romanies, unemployeds and other undesirables are captured, rounded up, rendered down and stored in jars in huge caves in the bottom of the fjords.

Either way, they are 'better off out of the European Union', even though they've never been 'in' to see the 'benefits' of leaving, but have a bilateral arrangement and are part of the EEA.

levers

taffscrivs

War Hero
Fair do's Levers, you are a tenacious bugger and I admire that in a man.
It's a great pity a person like you isn't sat at the negotiating table, a bit of swearing
and a few insults by those in power instead of all this pussy footing around might just get us a better deal.

Back in the day in Glasgow, I was envious of the guys selling the Big Issue....they always had the up to date mobile phones,....more than I could afford....:) ;)

slim

War Hero
Now I am right up shit creek without a paddle!

Edited to say that if you are black or mixed race and enjoy this then it is OK
However if you are a Honky who enjoys it then you a racist.

Last edited:

taffscrivs

War Hero
Now I am right up shit creek without a paddle!

Edited to say that if you are black or mixed race and enjoy this then it is OK
However if you are a Honky who enjoys it then you a racist.

Never seen this bloke before, just hilarious! Not because of his colour but what he says is relevant for any race. Mind you I'm not sure he'd get on The Royal Variety Show!

Status
Not open for further replies.