EU Changes Rules On Size Of A Loaf

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Isn't this fun?

To be honest guys, I actually enjoyed reading Da Vinci Code, as imbecilic as that may appear to the purists on both religion & mathematical beauty. It's a good yarn IMO.

Please don't get wound-up by my infantile snipes, nor rise to the dangled bait, you are clearly cleverer chaps than I.

I'm just trying to keep it light-hearted & hope you would simply laugh at me as much as with me.

chieftiff

War Hero
This is the gash barge mate, it's not meant to be serious. Don't assume I am clever just because I know stuff :wink:

I didn't avoid the book because I am a purist, I just though Boldrick would have spoiled the story for me and given the game away :lol:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Nutty said:
Perhaps I am reading the article incorrectly perhaps you can correct me, or you lot are just Europhobes.

You complain about to many EU regulations. They scrap all EU and National regulation on the size/weight of pre-packaged food. So now any country can do exactly what it likes and you still complain.

To top it all British MP's want to keep the EU regulation

Another Nothing EU story spun out of control by the anti everything Little Englanders.

Nutty
Exactly, as long as the Baker/Bakery correctly labels the product ie for weight ,ingredients etc who gives a flying feck.
Is there such a thing as the all hallowed traditional British loaf!!
How often do you see a Split Tin or a Farmhouse loaf unsliced and unpackaged, if you want tradition then you have to pay for it, processing dough by hand is time consuming, and people won't so you get the small bakeries closing and all you're left with is factory bread.
Nowadays all packaged bread is factory made, all the bakers do is push buttons, still have to be qualified bakers though to be able to fix feck ups, worked in 1 here for 6 months drove me bonkers. Took a pay cut to run an instore (Supermarket) bakery, so I could get a bit of hands on again. :lol:
NZB

F169 said:
Slim, it says in the BBC report: "Currently pre-packed bread in the UK has to be sold in 400g sizes, or multiples of that."

The fact that there are laws governing the weight of a loaf in the first place and (I assume) only in a metric weight is absolutely barking. As long as it says on the packet how much it weighs (including in pounds and ounces) then it shouldn't matter fig. Over-regulation and petty rules like this eventually strangle a free market and competition.

So the EU have done a good thing and got rid of the regulations. I assume you will now say "Well Done EU".

Nutty

slim

War Hero
Well the EU have done well on the loaf front.
Now how about something useful, Like Minge sizes, all females to be labelled with their minge size.

slim said:
Now how about something useful, Like Minge sizes, all females to be labelled with their minge size.

Slim do not encourage them. I do not want to wear an 11inch label for the rest of my life if they bring that sort of rule in for men.

Nutty

slim

War Hero
Nutty said:
slim said:

Slim do not encourage them. I do not want to wear an 11inch label for the rest of my life if they bring that sort of rule in for men.

Nutty

Sorry Nutty measurements have to be Metric, not Imperial.
Imagine having to take a calculator with you to see if your 11" willy would fir a 22cm minge. :oops:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
If more people supported their local vendors (greengrocers, bakers, etc.) rather than using the local supermarket to buy everything, then there would not be a problem.

Latest Threads