Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETWE CIS or ETWE?

Gematria

Midshipman
Hello guys, I'm up to the fitness test in my application which I guess is currently the last stage before getting the Raleigh date since PRNC is currently not happening.
I have been set on ETWE for over a year now and haven't really looked at anything else as I was told by my local afco "This does seem to be the right role for you."

This morning however I got called by a serving CIS women as they are looking for people in that role due to the need of them. After a day of research and reading on this forum in the past the transfer to the engineering department didn't do the role well. What is the update with that? I got told on the phone they are very similar roles? Is this true? The pay seems to be the same now.

Any info would be great as there isn't much out there on updated specifics.

Jonadame

Midshipman
Hi, I think we are at the same point with just the pjft to go.

What is the question by the way? I didn’t really understand it. Are you asking if the CIS role is within engineering?

Also, I think unless you really like the CIS role stick with your preference. Being this far along the process, we have already been at the back of the que to priority roles throughout the application, so may as well keep going now you’re at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gematria

Midshipman

What is the question by the way? I didn’t really understand it. Are you asking if the CIS role is within engineering?

Also, I think unless you really like the CIS role stick with your preference. Being this far along the process, we have already been at the back of the que to priority roles throughout the application, so may as well keep going now you’re at the end

Yeah Its been a long ass process! Ive kinda done the PRNC before as a "look at life course". So im not losing out to be honest, dont want to do that squad run ever again.

And my question is more around what the differences are, they both seem to fixing the same systems from what I got told. Seems weird to have both.

I failed my pjft yesterday, I knew I would as I have had food poisoning from undercooked chicken. Was risking shitting myself even doing it.

4 weeks until my retake and ill be running every other day I reckon, what prep are you doing?

Gematria

Midshipman

Oh another thing, in the call they gave out the current waiting times for Raleigh.

CIS youre looking at Jan/Feb

ETWE youre looking at april+

Taztiff

War Hero
I have been set on ETWE for over a year now and haven't really looked at anything else as I was told by my local afco "This does seem to be the right role for you."
This has been done to death - have a go and search the site, but......
Just because you may get in a couple of months earlier doesn't mean you will enjoy the 'new' role.
You say you have been set on ETWE for over a year? A new quick note from the afco does not change that.
Think long and hard - don't per tempted to jump for early entry in a different role - you may hate it in the end.

Jonadame

Midshipman
Yeah Its been a long ass process! Ive kinda done the PRNC before as a "look at life course". So im not losing out to be honest, dont want to do that squad run ever again.

And my question is more around what the differences are, they both seem to fixing the same systems from what I got told. Seems weird to have both.

I failed my pjft yesterday, I knew I would as I have had food poisoning from undercooked chicken. Was risking shitting myself even doing it.

4 weeks until my retake and ill be running every other day I reckon, what prep are you doing?

Sure you will do fine just keep training when you are not sick

I am going to the gym (mixture of running and weights) and also doing joe wicks hiit in YouTube to get burpees etc in too.

My estimated wait for AET is March onwards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B ETWE (cis) role Joining the Royal Navy 2
R ETWE phase 2 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
P ETWE waiting times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P ETWE waiting times? Joining the Royal Navy 4
JackFH ETWE training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
JackFH WS or ETWE!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Dave batley ETWE on a skimmer or change to subs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
P Been offered ETWE Boats... Need advice! Submariners 22
Rakun ETWE or WS? advice? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
J ETWE or WS? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Taztiff ETWE and colour blindness Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
Scouse_Castaway ETWE (SM) or ETME (SM) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
W ETWE(sm) pay Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Looking for Insight into CIS and WSI Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
F Average Day in the CIS branch RFA 0
B CIS interview. Joining the Royal Navy 2
N CIS Entry Level Engineers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
3 What courses are available as a CIS? UPO/Careers Office 1
B CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W Phase 2 CIS Joining the Royal Navy 11
F Waiting time CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Antonio555 How much will i really earn? CIS submariner Joining the Royal Navy 8
XCrabFat Faraday Programme , CIS & ET(WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
B Tango Pay for ET(WE)CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Antonio555 CIS Submariner Submariners 10
D I have been offered the CIS Role Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A CIS Update - Is This Accurate? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
M CIS postings Bases / Shore Est 14
truman90 CIS The Fleet Air Arm 3
E CIS Waiting Time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
R Failed Royal Navy Eye Test | CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R CIS Information & Interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
R Waiting Times CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J CIS phase 2 training question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
N Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
F CIS Info. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M I have finished all my application process for Royal Navy applying for CIS . Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Torn between CIS and MA! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T CIS Queries Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
rn458scc Pay Spine CIS The Fleet 6
Ahoy89 Writer or CIS? Decisions! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Ahoy89 'Approx' waiting times? Writer/CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
rn458scc CIS Training Collingwood Bases / Shore Est 7
E CIS interview/sift dates RFA 10
matt93 CIS Transferable SKills Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
matt93 CIS waiting times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
matt93 CIS waiting times The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
rn458scc CIS and CT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
E questions about CIS role RFA 23