Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Establishment getting Worried?

trelawney126

War Hero
Can't help but notice that all the Media be it radio, TV , Internet and predominantly all printed matter seem to be almost rabid in their denunciation of the UKIP party.
Very odd that all political persuasions seem to be worried about the impact this untried, untested party has in local government.....perhaps it's the only party who offer a referendum on our membership of the EU without strings attached.
Personally I would like to continue or membership of the EU but in a much looser format, like Norway.

G

guestm

Can't help but notice that all the Media be it radio, TV , Internet and predominantly all printed matter seem to be almost rabid in their denunciation of the UKIP party.
Very odd that all political persuasions seem to be worried about the impact this untried, untested party has in local government.....perhaps it's the only party who offer a referendum on our membership of the EU without strings attached.
Personally I would like to continue or membership of the EU but in a much looser format, like Norway.

I think the worry comes from blinkered members of the populous blindly voting for a party of halfwits simply because they think bloody immigrants and the EU are the two sole causes of the entirety of the UK's problems.

Sharkey

Banned
I think the worry comes from blinkered members of the populous blindly voting for a party of halfwits simply because they think bloody immigrants and the EU are the two sole causes of the entirety of the UK's problems.

What percentage of the vote does UKIP have to get before its not a case of "blinkered members of the populace"

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger
The funny part is that given UKIP have zero seats in the House of Commons, but 11 in the European Parliament, if they got their wish and we left the EU, they would lose their greatest sphere of influence.

G

guestm

What percentage of the vote does UKIP have to get before its not a case of "blinkered members of the populace"

Anything in excess of the unemployment statistics + the Daily Mail readership should cover it.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
...a party of halfwits [who] think bloody immigrants and the EU are the two sole causes of the entirety of the UK's problems.

Why bother to vote, just pay your tax get on with life because none of the fcukers on the gravy train are ever going to change it - apathy perhaps but I long ago gave up the belief that any of the clowns knew fcuk all about the real world. Starve the cnuts who won't work and punish every fcuking family that has more than one child unless they can afford to pay for the bastards, just like China.
Sum total a real bunch of tossers with sadly no alternative to any of them.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Why bother to vote, just pay your tax get on with life because none of the fcukers on the gravy train are ever going to change it - apathy perhaps but I long ago gave up the belief that any of the clowns knew fcuk all about the real world. Starve the cnuts who won't work and punish every fcuking family that has more than one child unless they can afford to pay for the bastards, just like China.

So, once you've had your fill, fuck everyone else? :?

MaiBelle

Lantern Swinger

If no one voted, there would be no such thing as democracy - and that's not worked out so well in countries that went down that road. If everyone bothered to get off their arses and put a tick in a box then things might happen. If people got up and made a fuss, things can change. Do you think the country was better when a handful of the wealthy and powerful decided what to do?

As for the comment on China - that's a bit of a misconception. In the countryside, families are allowed more than one child on alternate generations.

Oh ganging up on me now, had my fill??? what does that imply, never taken benefits, never been unemployed so what fill have I endulged in. Seen my posts on my childhood, state never did me or my family any fcuking favours had a fcuking awfull childhood so please don't condescend. There is not a party in this country willing to take on the bankers or any other major company that is not paying tax, it has been said that all politicians are failed bankers.

Flagdeck

War Hero
The good people of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea would bite at anything..........fish, dog, gollywogs....owt !

G

guestm

Well I think it is - (democracy that is) - what would you suggest as a viable alternative then?

As someone having fairly liberal views I am of course in favour of democracy, the problem with that is we then allow wallopers a voice who 800 years ago would have quite rightly been made to shut up, wear a hat with bells on and dance around outside the motte juggling potatoes.

We allow people with no interest or understanding of politics, economics and their impact, let alone the power of their vote to have a say. It's like letting a marmoset drive your car past a school at chucking out time because it's only right he gets to have a go.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Veterans’ Office marks one year since establishment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting the establishment of UNITAMS MoD News 0
W Looking to Join RNR but nearest establishment is rather far away Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
MoD_RSS News article: UK welcomes establishment of EU Training Mission to Mali MoD News 3
MoD_RSS UK welcomes establishment of EU Training Mission to Mali MoD News 0
D Joining Phase 2 Training Establishment (Parents Question) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
exspy 1976 Commando Establishment Questions The Corps 23
TattooDog Tri-Service Training Establishment - Update Bases / Shore Est 11
D Best Establishment Bop Diamond Lil's 33
Taztiff Crabs getting their feet wet? Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS Game changers - getting our robots to speak with one voice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS In praise of red tape: getting regulation right MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beat the rush by getting your MOT done this summer MoD News 0
4 Any tips for getting in the right frame of mind as a submariner? Joining the Royal Navy 19
MoD_RSS Getting back behind the wheel? Here’s some useful advice MoD News 0
K Previous broken bones, can they stop me getting in? Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Highways England’s pumps £85 million into getting people back on bikes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How our construction sites are getting ready for re-start MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Getting PPE to those who need it MoD News 0
P Getting in after messing up before? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Getting help if your business is in distress MoD News 0
J Getting a job after leaving rn Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Bad CO Real Life Getting In the Way Site Issues 82
MoD_RSS Getting Clear on Student Finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: Getting paid first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Getting the right leadership is vital for patient safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Largest upgrade in a generation to workplace rights - getting work right for British workers and businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Uncooperative illegal waste carrier fined after getting his wish for day in court MoD News 0
R Getting an entry date moved? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
klgreload Getting to PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 1
U Difficulty getting into RFA as apprentice chef? RFA 28
J Getting deselected from promotion and loss of earning Health & Fitness 5
MoD_RSS Speech: Encryption and counter-terrorism: getting the balance right MoD News 0
D The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine The Gash Barge 55
Lumberjack Being a reg and getting a degree Joining the Royal Navy 7
M Job title when getting insurance quotes? Finance & Pensions 9
John the Baptist Are the chances of getting taken on as a biomedical science trainee good or sheit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Getting FAT again Joining the Royal Navy 2
Onestep Worth getting an MOT? Health & Fitness 0
janner Is Pusser getting one? Submariners 5
A All Arms getting easier???? The Corps 12
EightSixteen Getting Pulled Off Leave RFA 11
mxgan98 getting paid on leave Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
muskovardo Getting home Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
matt93 Getting your green lid Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
C Getting a Commission Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
soleil S Wales Evening Post: "Press-Ganged Into Getting Fit With The Royal Naval Reserves" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
D Help with getting fit enough to excell in training!!!?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
D Getting to Collingwood from Pompey Bases / Shore Est 21
C getting ill at CTC The Corps 10