Establishment getting Worried?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Apr 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't help but notice that all the Media be it radio, TV , Internet and predominantly all printed matter seem to be almost rabid in their denunciation of the UKIP party.
    Very odd that all political persuasions seem to be worried about the impact this untried, untested party has in local government.....perhaps it's the only party who offer a referendum on our membership of the EU without strings attached.
    Personally I would like to continue or membership of the EU but in a much looser format, like Norway.
  2. I think the worry comes from blinkered members of the populous blindly voting for a party of halfwits simply because they think bloody immigrants and the EU are the two sole causes of the entirety of the UK's problems.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. What percentage of the vote does UKIP have to get before its not a case of "blinkered members of the populace"
  4. A very big percentage as the majority are blinkered.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The funny part is that given UKIP have zero seats in the House of Commons, but 11 in the European Parliament, if they got their wish and we left the EU, they would lose their greatest sphere of influence.
  6. Anything in excess of the unemployment statistics + the Daily Mail readership should cover it.
  7. 2 good places to start with though :)
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 2
  9. sgtpepperband

10. Why bother to vote, just pay your tax get on with life because none of the fcukers on the gravy train are ever going to change it - apathy perhaps but I long ago gave up the belief that any of the clowns knew fcuk all about the real world. Starve the cnuts who won't work and punish every fcuking family that has more than one child unless they can afford to pay for the bastards, just like China.
    Sum total a real bunch of tossers with sadly no alternative to any of them.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sgtpepperband

So, once you've had your fill, fuck everyone else? :?

• Like Like x 1
  12. If no one voted, there would be no such thing as democracy - and that's not worked out so well in countries that went down that road. If everyone bothered to get off their arses and put a tick in a box then things might happen. If people got up and made a fuss, things can change. Do you think the country was better when a handful of the wealthy and powerful decided what to do?

As for the comment on China - that's a bit of a misconception. In the countryside, families are allowed more than one child on alternate generations.
  13. We're making the assumption democracy is a good thing......
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Oh ganging up on me now, had my fill??? what does that imply, never taken benefits, never been unemployed so what fill have I endulged in. Seen my posts on my childhood, state never did me or my family any fcuking favours had a fcuking awfull childhood so please don't condescend. There is not a party in this country willing to take on the bankers or any other major company that is not paying tax, it has been said that all politicians are failed bankers.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Have you a viable alternative?
  16. Well, it seems to work in the 'Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea'......they seem happy enough..

• Like Like x 5
  17. Well I think it is - (democracy that is) - what would you suggest as a viable alternative then?
  18. As ever Monty is lobbing in the bait and the fish are biting.
  19. The good people of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea would bite at, dog, gollywogs....owt !
  20. As someone having fairly liberal views I am of course in favour of democracy, the problem with that is we then allow wallopers a voice who 800 years ago would have quite rightly been made to shut up, wear a hat with bells on and dance around outside the motte juggling potatoes.

We allow people with no interest or understanding of politics, economics and their impact, let alone the power of their vote to have a say. It's like letting a marmoset drive your car past a school at chucking out time because it's only right he gets to have a go.
    • Like Like x 3