Esprit De Corps

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by TurboThreaders, Apr 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: Espirit De Corps

They are truly the best military band there is mate. My only issue is that, having served in the Falklands during the conflict and still serving in the Navy, is why was there a reception on HMS St Albans, last night without the presence of serving (Falklands) personnel from Liverpool? Similarly the concert tonight was in aid of Falklands veterans- but if you wanted to attend, you had to pay.

Edited due to pooh spelling!
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

In excess of £18M from the British public already went to 'good causes' arising from that conflict me hearty! Anyway, someone somewhere will inherit at least a civil honour from charging veterans to attend an event in their honour, so lets leave it at that.
  3. I must admit I've also enjoyed watching the Corps band in the past. Last time I saw them, it was RMB Scotland. They were fabulous. They also did a few Blues Brothers numbers which really did round off an excellent night.

Obviously we all remember them from our passing out pares etc, but I also remember them being exceptionally good, as always, at the Royal Guard I was part of in Poole in the mid 80's.

The emblazed drums were supurb.