Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by josiecats, Feb 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can some one come up with a easier way to go through the members list please..its a real pain having to go through the entire list..prehaps maybe being able to pick which leter of the alphabet would be a good way...

thankyou in advance.............
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

JC someone asked this sometime ago I think, there didn't seem to be an easy answer.
  3. Unless you happen to have the appropriate program, and the time, seemingly. :sad:
  4. There are options to sort the members list by either Username, location, post count, joined date or website. You can also sort these either ascending or descending.

i.e. if you are searching for usenames beginning with "U", why not sort by "Username" and "Descending"? If you get really clever, you'll have a rough idea as to the number of page jumps you need to make.

Finally, if you are really clever, you can edit the url of the appropriately 'sorted' list with the knowledge that each page contains 25 usernames... simply modify the number at the end of the url to reflect the number you wish to start from e.g

would list usernames from 51 to 75...

Change the number to 250, and find usernames 251-275.... (approx "bil" to "biz" if sorted ascending by username!)

Hope this helps!

5. thankyou very much that dose help,,, :razz:

6. Sorry, lost me now! But then I am dumb! :???:
  7. Firstly, open the members list and sort by name, ascending (in this example)

Then, you can edit the url with the appropriate number to display those members, thus:

Any clearer?

8. Thanks Ghost!!
  9. You can go on Google & type in a persons user name , press search & yippee it should work , type in dondon & I'm on the bottom of page one , big brother or what , well impressed though , the technology does me head in at times , :???: