Eric's Tales Of The Sea...

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by sgtpepperband, Aug 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Cheers, sunshine! :thumbleft:

So any old shipmates of Glenn Barrack? Apparently he served on onboard V boats in the '80s and '90s...
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

4. Dits on Trident boats sound like a real hoot! :roll: :roll:
  5. :lol:

Made me chuckle, in the newspaper article, with Helensburgh being the only reference to a run ashore.
    Bomber dits..
  6. Having watched the show yesterday I can confirm there was not one bomber dit related. Eric served on both Oberon and Valiant class boats. The show was very much enjoyed by the public and Eric has had rave festival reviews. I enjoyed the show, however having been an actual party to some of the related dits, my advice to Eric would be never bullshit a bullshitter shipmate. Keep it away from those that know the truth!!

Have a nice evening

7. I've been wondering what UA does for a living now he's reached the tender age of 67. :razz:
  8. suspenseful? Speaking the Queen's English as a second language, dear girl?
  9. Never heard a submariners dit described as breath taking before.
    Obviously an impressionable young lady!!
  10. "Eric" is a personal friend but no name will be given!! He served on the same boat as me i the late seventies and is a naturally funny and gifted story teller.

I have yet to see the show but have heard good things about it.

Keep @em laughing Eric
  11. Ferrrk me!!

Obviously I haven't seen Glen Barrack for years and them saying he was an REM I was confused as the name isn't that common. However seeing his photy there with sm cap tally and that is definitely him. We did mechs course and DCB together. His last boat was a 'T' and he left as CPOWEA. I was also in 'O' boats at the same time and I don't believe he ever served on bombers unless maybe V boat building before he came out.