Equal Rates of Pay as RN (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim30 said:
The RN also only get days off when on nice shore drafts. Try telling the matelots in Basra Air Station that they're getting X amount more and you'll rightly be told where to go.

Prats like you give the RNR a bad name.
Do specials get paid the same as real coppers? (Just out of interest)

Lingyai said:
Jim30 said:
The RN also only get days off when on nice shore drafts. Try telling the matelots in Basra Air Station that they're getting X amount more and you'll rightly be told where to go.

Specials get paid sweet FA.
They do it for the power!

slim said:
Lingyai said:
Jim30 said:

Specials get paid sweet FA.
They do it for the power!
Shame no one takes them seriously, civvy, forces or real coppers. :lol:

chieftiff

War Hero
McGrew said:
Here’s a good one for the mathematicians.

If you get a matelot that is in a shore billet – maybe even a PSI then he does not work 365 days per year.

There are 365 days in the year.

Jack gets 6 weeks leave – that’s 365 – 42 = 323 days.

In the remaining 46 weeks of the year there are 46 weekends. Let’s say Jack’s blue card and gets 44 of them off. That’s 44 x 2 = 88 days.

The number of days left is 323 – 88 = 235 days.

Now he may be a traveller, and get the odd make and mend. Let’s say that is ½ day off per week so that is 46 weeks x ½ day = 23 days.

That leaves 235 – 23 = 212 days,

Oh – 8 of these are bank holidays.

That leaves 212 – 8 = 204 days.

So where is this leading?

Well if his daily rate is £50 a day then his annual salary is 50 x 365 = £18,250.

….but he works just 204 days – equivalent rate of pay = 18250 / 204 = £89.46 for a day’s work.

So are the RNR getting seen off getting one days pay for a full days work? (especially with the travel over a weekend when you only get 2 days pay).

I look forward to some arguments on this – x factor, bounty, part time employment regulations, pension spring to mind.

I may also be a rubbish mathematician and I am sure someone will find the fault in the argument.
What exactly is the motive for this!
a. It's complete bollocks.
b. It's completely pointless.
c. Put it in Diamond Lils and you may get to find out exactly what people feel about your "argument"
d. I have a lot of respect for the RNR, but the occasional pratt comes along and I wonder what the fu*k you joined up for. If you don't like playing matelots pick up your football and go home to mummy!

Blimey! What an interesting bunch of comments. It is somewhat ironic that those that serve to preserve freedom seem somewhat bigoted in their views when they disagree with the subject matter.
The polarised views seem to either endorse the view that reservists often put in more time than they are actually paid and that regulars seem to languish in their lot with a perverse jealousy of the reservist.
We all have a choice, I have made mine.
I look forward to more vitriolic comments.

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
McGrew said:
Blimey! What an interesting bunch of comments. It is somewhat ironic that those that serve to preserve freedom seem somewhat bigoted in their views when they disagree with the subject matter.
The polarised views seem to either endorse the view that reservists often put in more time than they are actually paid and that regulars seem to languish in their lot with a perverse jealousy of the reservist.
We all have a choice, I have made mine.
I look forward to more vitriolic comments.
no vitriolic comments yet, but please explain the statement in bold!!

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
Fair one Hig,
I have to admit, I understood the first statement to be a whinge, just to get what he perceives to be an injustice, off his chest. Fair enough, he's done that and had several well constructed replies.
His last post, is just a bit pathetic to be honest. I'd still like to know what he means though.

I am going to lock this thread. I have a few reasons for this:

1. It is pointless, the RN are paid for 365 per annum, we are not, unless mobilised.

2. It devalues both the regular and reserve services.

3. It's dull!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads