Entry Requirements for Officer

andy198712

Lantern Swinger
i was reading through the navy jobs site, and i'm just wondering, where it says what you need to get in, is it a degree & 180 ucas points, or either one? as i have 150 and wouldn't be hard to bump it up to 180.... and double my pay.

Thank you
Andy

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You need he GCSEs & UCAS points, regardless of the degree.

Minimum contributing qualfication must score at least 45 UCAS points. Non overlapping subjects & UCAS points at AS may not contribute if taken to A2 in the same subject. Normally all UCAS points should be gained within 18 months - but verify via your AFCO.

andy198712

Lantern Swinger
i've got the GCSE's and the ucas points gained from A levels, i have to E's at A level, and a B and E in separate subjects at AS level. whihc gives me 150.... i would easily top up those 30 if they'd let me.

i'll give them a ring next week and see what they think. it would be nice!

cheers for the advice

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
i've got the GCSE's and the ucas points gained from A levels, i have to E's at A level, and a B and E in separate subjects at AS level. whihc gives me 150.... i would easily top up those 30 if they'd let me.
Apologies for the curt answers previously, I was using a mobile phone with poor reception & kept losing the connection.

From the A level results listed, you need to "top-up" by 130 UCAS points to reach the minimum requirement of 180.

andy198712

Lantern Swinger
Apologies for the curt answers previously, I was using a mobile phone with poor reception & kept losing the connection.

From the A level results listed, you need to "top-up" by 130 UCAS points to reach the minimum requirement of 180.
Thats a fair bit of "topping up"!!

thank you for the replies though!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Before the world went mad and people could actually failed GCSE's (or whatever they call them today), would those that failed have got a E grade?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Essentially, the RN considers GCSE's (replaced the GCE O Levels & CSE's) at grade C upwards a "pass" and A Levels at grade D upwards, a "pass".

The AS level is basically half an A Level in old money & only worth anything if passed at grade B.