Entry Requirements for Officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by andy198712, Aug 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was reading through the navy jobs site, and i'm just wondering, where it says what you need to get in, is it a degree & 180 ucas points, or either one? as i have 150 and wouldn't be hard to bump it up to 180.... and double my pay.

Thank you
    Andy

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You need he GCSEs & UCAS points, regardless of the degree.

Minimum contributing qualfication must score at least 45 UCAS points. Non overlapping subjects & UCAS points at AS may not contribute if taken to A2 in the same subject. Normally all UCAS points should be gained within 18 months - but verify via your AFCO.

3. i've got the GCSE's and the ucas points gained from A levels, i have to E's at A level, and a B and E in separate subjects at AS level. whihc gives me 150.... i would easily top up those 30 if they'd let me.

i'll give them a ring next week and see what they think. it would be nice!

cheers for the advice

4. Ninja_Stoker

A2 only accepted grade D upwards, AS grade B upwards.

Minimum accepted contributing unit must score above 45.

5. I'm guessing they're not in English? ;)

6. Andy, I think your motives for taking a commission are flawed. Also, I think you are retarded.

7. I heard he wants to be a Schoolie as well!

8. Ninja_Stoker

Apologies for the curt answers previously, I was using a mobile phone with poor reception & kept losing the connection.

From the A level results listed, you need to "top-up" by 130 UCAS points to reach the minimum requirement of 180.

9. Burn him.....!

10. Thats a fair bit of "topping up"!!

thank you for the replies though!

11. so you'd turn down twice your salary?.......... and yes for lack of a better word i am.

12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Before the world went mad and people could actually failed GCSE's (or whatever they call them today), would those that failed have got a E grade?

13. Ninja_Stoker

Essentially, the RN considers GCSE's (replaced the GCE O Levels & CSE's) at grade C upwards a "pass" and A Levels at grade D upwards, a "pass".

The AS level is basically half an A Level in old money & only worth anything if passed at grade B.

14. I tihnk most unis and civvie employers define a pass on the same boundaries