Entry Date October 18... any one else?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bdelaneyc, Sep 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there, i'm going to Raleigh on the 18th of October is anyone else going? i've had my briefing and stuff just to get us to understand wats going to go down there and kits n all. my biggest worry is the civi clothes how much can i take and wat exactly would be an ok number. i know that we are passing out on the 19th of december in time for the christmas leave, so warm clothing is a necessary.also the whole underwear thing is confusing is it totally necessary to take cotton underwear, does it have to be 100% cotton?also i figured we have to take a least a pair of canvas, formal shoes and flipflops right? are flats considered formal or do we(girls) have to wea heels? and i was wondering, in the army during phase 1 they get two sets of lockers, one for kit muster and one for their civie's is that the same as navy? and if u wait till u get to raleigh to set up a bank account how long do u wait till it is set open? i saw in the prefered first aid kit list pain meds and pills and stuff wat about bandages and ankel braces and stuff?[align=justify]

2. thanks so one locker, i guess all civies except for pjs get stored away. can anyone answer the rest?

3. You passing out all on your own then? There are no passing out parades on a Saturday. All of your new found friends will have beaten you to it !!!

4. Cotton absorbs sweat better than polyester or silky things! Going commando is not an option! Only the lads can do that, cause they can! ;)

You could always ask the booties if you could borrow their friday night rig, as they can often be seen in the local drinking dens attired in the Royals' traditional mess undress....

SENSITIVE TYPES EASILY SHOCKED SHOULD NOT CLICK THIS LINKY! :roll:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=20933/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=1351.html

5. rite... well on information given that was wat i know...i guess my bad.

6. So you are not going to be a Scribes?

7. have no idea wat u mean man.....

8. No worries as you have answered the question.

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

bdelaneyc wrote

As delighted as we are that you are Raleigh bound, your story hasn't made the broadsheets, nor is Paxo inteviewing you about the event so I'll move this from Current Affairs into Newbies.

Reference the construction of your skids;
    I think that the elastic has a dispensation, the label too.

Good luck.

10. I would strongly recommend opening a bank account before you get to Raleigh.

11. yeah sure...