Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entry Date October 18... any one else?

bdelaneyc

Hi there, i'm going to Raleigh on the 18th of October is anyone else going? i've had my briefing and stuff just to get us to understand wats going to go down there and kits n all. my biggest worry is the civi clothes how much can i take and wat exactly would be an ok number. i know that we are passing out on the 19th of december in time for the christmas leave, so warm clothing is a necessary.also the whole underwear thing is confusing is it totally necessary to take cotton underwear, does it have to be 100% cotton?also i figured we have to take a least a pair of canvas, formal shoes and flipflops right? are flats considered formal or do we(girls) have to wea heels? and i was wondering, in the army during phase 1 they get two sets of lockers, one for kit muster and one for their civie's is that the same as navy? and if u wait till u get to raleigh to set up a bank account how long do u wait till it is set open? i saw in the prefered first aid kit list pain meds and pills and stuff wat about bandages and ankel braces and stuff?[align=justify]

Drakey

War Hero
bdelaneyc said:
Hi there, i'm going to Raleigh on the 18th of October is anyone else going? i've had my briefing and stuff just to get us to understand wats going to go down there and kits n all. my biggest worry is the civi clothes how much can i take and wat exactly would be an ok number. i know that we are passing out on the 19th of december

You passing out all on your own then? There are no passing out parades on a Saturday. All of your new found friends will have beaten you to it !!!

Cotton absorbs sweat better than polyester or silky things! Going commando is not an option! Only the lads can do that, cause they can! ;)

You could always ask the booties if you could borrow their friday night rig, as they can often be seen in the local drinking dens attired in the Royals' traditional mess undress....

SENSITIVE TYPES EASILY SHOCKED SHOULD NOT CLICK THIS LINKY! :roll:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=20933/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=1351.html

Seadog

War Hero
bdelaneyc wrote

i guess my bad.

As delighted as we are that you are Raleigh bound, your story hasn't made the broadsheets, nor is Paxo inteviewing you about the event so I'll move this from Current Affairs into Newbies.

Reference the construction of your skids;
does it have to be 100% cotton?

I think that the elastic has a dispensation, the label too.

Good luck.

Guzzler

War Hero
bdelaneyc said:
and if u wait till u get to raleigh to set up a bank account how long do u wait till it is set open? [align=justify]

I would strongly recommend opening a bank account before you get to Raleigh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Earlier entry date for submariners ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
T Raleigh Entry date Joining the Royal Navy 5
T Raleigh Entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
D Hms Raleigh entry date February 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Ghost29 How long is wait after security clearance granted before i get a entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Maxpowers How long after PJFT can I expect an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
S Hms Raleigh entry date June 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 11
R Getting an entry date moved? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Got my entry date- any tips or advice? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
W Up-to-date General Entry Officer Training Pipeline Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 14
J Could I Delay My Entry Date To Finish Uni? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
W Deferring entry date Joining the Royal Navy 9
iipodgeii Entry date at Raleigh 5th March 17! Joining the Royal Navy 26
D Entry date 28th may Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
Flatcapper83 When will hear about my entry date in writing? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
u04elw2 Official RNR Entry Date...what does this mean? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
matt93 Lost my entry date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Received an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
R How secure is my entry date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J Has anybody heard about their entry date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
iTom Waiting for my entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
DavidK1983 Just got my entry date! Submariners 10
N Got entry date - Funny thing Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
O Direct Entry PO Marine Engineer Technician Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
mick1199 Entry requirements and accepted qualifications Joining the Royal Navy 6
CiviPilot Deferring University Entry Waiting for Officer Application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T Deferring Entry RFA 3
O Re-Entry Joining the Royal Navy 13
R Lateral entry PO Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
A RNR Medic? General entry Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
H 17 Sqn joint RAF/RN , direct entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Mine Clearance Diver Entry Joining the Royal Navy 3
O Direct entry The Gash Barge 42
R Officer entry, bad A levels but have a foundation degree Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
E Defer entry after offer receive Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N CIS Entry Level Engineers? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
T Physical Training Instructor Direct Entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M Direct entry Aircrewman Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Open letter: GCSE tier entry guidance MoD News 0
F Can't get bank account due to marker. Is this a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS Global Britain to attract more top scientists with fast tracked entry MoD News 0
W FAA Aircrewman entry age Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C Inhalers a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
W Pilots and Observers - Age Limit on entry Increased to 34 The Fleet Air Arm 15
S Accelerated Scheme Vs Standard Entry Joining the Royal Navy 4
M Possible to defer confirmed entry? Joining the Royal Navy 0
J BRNC January Entry FAA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3