enough gay stuff

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by brazenhussy, Sep 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok- will put my mod status on the line-- BUT enough with all the gay crap on here!!

Its Rum Ration-- quote- "Welcome to Rum Ration, THE unofficial website of the British Royal Navy and Royal Marines"!-- not homos collective of the uk!!

I expect loads of grief for this post- and fair enough- but i log on here for a laugh, and to be kept in the loop with current RN stuff, not to be bombarded with im gay but be happy stuff- Type42, AAC no offence- but PLEASE!! we know you go that way-- we don't need to be reminded..

ban me- o2 thief me- but im only saying what needs to be said........

luv BH xx
  2. Fairy snuff :dwarf:
  3. I have to agree with Brazenhussy.
    "Welcome to Rum Ration, THE unofficial website of the British Royal Navy and Royal Marines"
    This is not a site for screeming out that being a homosexual is the best thing since sliced bread - friends of mine have checked out the site and told me that it seems to have a lot of "poofs" and they can't be arrsed with that. If I wanted to be in a site with a fair bit of homosexual content then I would join a homosexual site.
    I am not a homophobe before anyone starts. This is "THE unofficial website of the British Royal Navy and Royal Marines"
    Agreat advert for the Senior Service is what we need and at the moment with some of the content I feel it will only make some potentials reconsider their careers.

4. well said, bout time something was
    ps. i have gay friends too so not homophobe
  5. And well said you too Al
  6. Oi the lot of ya, I said the same, ok not exactly and I got slapped for it...........that's it, I'm making a brew and you lot ain't having one!
  7. Given that the explicitly gay themed threads are rarely, if ever, started by one of the three openly gay posters I think it's a bit rich. Although it does seem to be an omipresent theme atm.

8. Perhaps GCO/BCO might want to set up a seperate forum for the lifters, that way they can post to their heart's content and the rest of us can give it a damn good ignoring to if we wish.

Whilst I have no axe to grind with our pillow biting brethren, it can get a bit wearysome when threads end up by being highjacked with loads of gay comment. If unrelated and irrelevant gay comments appear in non gay forums they can then just be deleted or moved by the mods.

A seperate forum would also allow anyone who bats for the other side that is considering joining the mob to ask questions that the rest of us don't know the answer to or just aren't interested in answering.
  9. Jimmy Green has hit it on the head - seperate forum :thumright:
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Already exists... just look on the Home Page, and follow the links to 'Purple Communities' and select ARRSE! :thumbright: :wink:
  11. Wassup BH - a bit unlike you to post something like this - you're normally a bit of a peace keeper aren't you?

Hope you're OK

I support Jimmy's suggestion - perhaps the mods could get together and apply some influence on the COs
  12. BH, no offence taken, but then again I limit my sexuality to threads that are "aimed" at gays to start with (most started by heteros on the site). Other threads that I contribute to, I do so by the subject of the thread, and not my sexual orientation.
    I will "defend" my sexuality on any thread that is started with an aim to take a pop at gays, as you would defend something that is inate to you. Otherwise I post according to the thread, regardless of the sexuality of the posters....... :thumright:
  13. I did not start this to bash people of other team type preferences- but if you look at the recent posts they do get hi jacked - klna cessna- yes i do loose my rag sometimes!

just lay off the "gay is great" in every ruddy post!

If i was a new joiner i would think twice----------- rum not bum !!
  14. BH, If I've done that on a thread and I've "hijacked" it with gay stuff, please can you point it out to me so that I can make sure I avoid it again. :thumright:

15. and that is the first input from a resident shirt lifter --beware further
    postings because he loves reading his own posts. Apart from that he has a very limited circle of friends

:nemo: :nemo:
  16. And the chances of getting either are quite slim........... :thumright:
    After all, in my day sexual relationships between crew members were discouraged...........
  17. http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=9394.html

(started as a serious thread- but again daren't contend in case it offends)

i am not going thru ALL the "pro gay posts" on here- I never meant to single you (t42) out personaly- yes i know i mentioned you- in that case i do the s***y thing- as that came out wrong- but honestly its getting silly---
  18. Unlike you who has a friend with a wide circle???
  19. This was one of the better threads http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=8982.html (still is if cleaned up) but (all due respect to AAC) AAC had to be asked to exit the thread, not sure if it's all his fault, but it went from a thread of ex/serving Submariners to stuffing Torpedo Tubes and the resulting innuendos, the gist of the thread is about serving on Submarines and what if?

It was very plain from the start that the fantasy crew would be made up of "Qualified Submariners", no exceptions, no part 3's no civvies, no skimmers end ex, but it got derailed... :threaten:

I do see this happening a lot, I don't know if it's because a thread going along smoothly and suddenly someone will post, and make a side reference to something that could be construed as being homophobic or refer in some way to that side of life and the residents see that as an open invite to jump in, even though they may know nothing about the original topic.

Just my 0.02 Cdn
  20. BH, every one of those threads I posted to had a "gay" theme to start with, and I replied on that basis. I have yet to see a "straight" thread" that I have hijacked.
    Can I ask, if something "personal" to you was put up for public "debate", something that you could not control (what attracted you to your husband for instance), and that thing that attracted you to your hubby was the then attacked by other posters, would you not defend yourself?

Just a thought.....