Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English Subsidy of Scotland

redassnotdragass

Lantern Swinger
The Calman Commission will now examine if the £30billion annual grant from Westminster, calculated using the Barnett formula, should continue in its current form.

This allocates more than £1,600 more per head of public spending north of the Border than the UK average, leading to complaints from English taxpayers that they are subsidising the Scots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...led-out-by-review-of-Scottish-devolution.html

This annoys me greatly. No suprpise that most of the front bench is Scottish. And no surpise that the new carriers are to be built in Gordon Brown's constituency. Added to the Scottish MPs ramming through Bills that only affect England means we're just being laughed at by those North of the border.

We (the English) seriously need to get rid of this government.
 

Moomin

War Hero
Time to rebuild the wall lol

I can think of numerous reasons to get rid of this Government!
 

Topstop

War Hero
Dont forget footing the bill for the Irish light house and bouyage system mantained by Tinity house.
 
redassnotdragass said:
The Calman Commission will now examine if the £30billion annual grant from Westminster, calculated using the Barnett formula, should continue in its current form.

This allocates more than £1,600 more per head of public spending north of the Border than the UK average, leading to complaints from English taxpayers that they are subsidising the Scots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...led-out-by-review-of-Scottish-devolution.html

This annoys me greatly. No suprpise that most of the front bench is Scottish. And no surpise that the new carriers are to be built in Gordon Brown's constituency. Added to the Scottish MPs ramming through Bills that only affect England means we're just being laughed at by those North of the border.

We (the English) seriously need to get rid of this government.

Mind you the good citizens of London get even more spent on them, and that was before they started bailing out the banks and building societies, and charging 2012 taxes on those who will not benefit.
 

redassnotdragass

Lantern Swinger
Maxi_77 said:
redassnotdragass said:
The Calman Commission will now examine if the £30billion annual grant from Westminster, calculated using the Barnett formula, should continue in its current form.

This allocates more than £1,600 more per head of public spending north of the Border than the UK average, leading to complaints from English taxpayers that they are subsidising the Scots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...led-out-by-review-of-Scottish-devolution.html

This annoys me greatly. No suprpise that most of the front bench is Scottish. And no surpise that the new carriers are to be built in Gordon Brown's constituency. Added to the Scottish MPs ramming through Bills that only affect England means we're just being laughed at by those North of the border.

We (the English) seriously need to get rid of this government.

Mind you the good citizens of London get even more spent on them, and that was before they started bailing out the banks and building societies, and charging 2012 taxes on those who will not benefit.

Can you could find some statistics to back this claim up, from reliable source?

Here's what I found:

While spending per capita in London remains the highest in England, it is lower than Northern Ireland and similar to Scotland....
Looking at a wider southern region, including London as the metropolitan centre, spending per capita is actually below that for the UK as a whole.....
Public expenditure attributable to London is less than the UK average in terms of per person employed, and also relative to the personal disposable income of Londoners. In terms of spending relative to GVA, London receives almost 25% less than the UK average in 2006-07.

From: BNET United Kingdom http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5296/is_/ai_n28081292

In terms of the Banks, I think you'll find that both HBOS and RBS won't be shedding many jobs North of the Border but Halifax and Nat West will shedding plenty.
 

Seadog

War Hero
Moderator
redassnotdragass wrote;
And no surpise that the new carriers are to be built in Gordon Brown's constituency.

This will come as a surprise to Gordon Brown, Willie Rennie, R Adm Bob Love and many others.

First of all, the carriers will be built 'all over the place' and assembled in Rosyth, second, the MP for which is Willie Rennie, not even the same party. Some in Broon's constituency will benefit but that's not the same thing.

and you have the neck to ask of Maxi:

Can you could find some statistics to back this claim up, from reliable source?

Where do you get your information?
 

NotmeChief

Banned
Don't say that FN, I had me shovel all ready and now you've spoilt it, no point in saying anything now. :rendeer:
 

TerryB

Badgeman
Yes and this Northern Mafia are also guilty of racial prejudice too, They are talking about bringing in restrictions and legislating to restrict the growth of Lap Dancing and Pole Dancing clubs but there's np similar restrictions mentioned about Scottish Country Dancing. Typical Racialist Jockinese Gestapo.
 
redassnotdragass said:
Maxi_77 said:
redassnotdragass said:
The Calman Commission will now examine if the £30billion annual grant from Westminster, calculated using the Barnett formula, should continue in its current form.

This allocates more than £1,600 more per head of public spending north of the Border than the UK average, leading to complaints from English taxpayers that they are subsidising the Scots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...led-out-by-review-of-Scottish-devolution.html

This annoys me greatly. No suprpise that most of the front bench is Scottish. And no surpise that the new carriers are to be built in Gordon Brown's constituency. Added to the Scottish MPs ramming through Bills that only affect England means we're just being laughed at by those North of the border.

We (the English) seriously need to get rid of this government.

Mind you the good citizens of London get even more spent on them, and that was before they started bailing out the banks and building societies, and charging 2012 taxes on those who will not benefit.

Can you could find some statistics to back this claim up, from reliable source?

Here's what I found:

While spending per capita in London remains the highest in England, it is lower than Northern Ireland and similar to Scotland....
Looking at a wider southern region, including London as the metropolitan centre, spending per capita is actually below that for the UK as a whole.....
Public expenditure attributable to London is less than the UK average in terms of per person employed, and also relative to the personal disposable income of Londoners. In terms of spending relative to GVA, London receives almost 25% less than the UK average in 2006-07.

From: BNET United Kingdom http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5296/is_/ai_n28081292

In terms of the Banks, I think you'll find that both HBOS and RBS won't be shedding many jobs North of the Border but Halifax and Nat West will shedding plenty.

I would refer you to

http://www.ippr.org.uk/ipprnorth/pressreleases/?id=3204

which clearly points out that as I said there is considerably more spent per head in London than anywhere else in the UK, and perhaps disgusted of Farehan would do better looking for more cash from this source than anywhere else. As ever the bulk of the citizens of En=gland are being shafted by their own MPs.

I would suggest your supposition about HBOS is perhaps wrong, firstly the H stands for Halifax, and HBOS was run into the ground by the Halifax executives who took over running the bank after the merger, and any way now that the good Mr Broon has given HBOS to Lloyds where do you think the job losses are going to be?
 
I used to get pissed off with these threads that blamed everything on us Jocks, but now I look forward to seeing them, because it means there is very little news and that means no British service personnel have been killed in Afghanistan. So keep up the Jock bashing.
 

The_Jimmy

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
Oil_Slick said:
Northernlight said:
You (the english) need to get a life!!!!

The Jockinese need to get a job… :thumright:

Got a job, but could do with being made redundant.

:w00t: :w00t:


Didnt Maggie T shut down Scottish Industry, I seem to remember when the Scots wanted to have her own Parliament (again) Maggie says fine but they will be no jobs for them then shut their industry down.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS GFSL delivers on carbon reduction targets in English prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS English sparkling wine leading global innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marine Management Organisation seeks evidence and views on new protections for English marine sites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Big broadband boost for rural English shires and counties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands to benefit from high-quality community based English language learning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications sought for the English fully documented fishery (FDF) scheme/s for 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands to benefit from new English language classes MoD News 0
soleil D. Star: "Royal Navy Warship Intercepts Four Russian Vessels In English Channel" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS Marine Management Organiation (MMO) to administer new £15.4 million funding scheme for English fishing industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £15.4 million funding boost for English fishing industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Manchester English language test scammers have sentences increased MoD News 0
3 Alternatives in absence of GCSE English, Maths and Science Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS High Speed Rail (West Midlands - Crewe) Bill: English Votes for English Laws MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Gove launches review into strongest protections for English seas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Applications open for an English fully documented fishery (FDF) scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Summer water testing has started at English beaches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Primary Authority supporting English tourism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Study suggesting widespread illegal killing of hen harriers on English grouse moors published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Thousands to benefit from new English language programmes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Undulate Ray by-catch allowance in the English Channel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Four fishermen rescued after vessel capsized in English channel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM press conference with New Zealand Prime Minister Bill English: 13 January 2017 MoD News 0
Hermes_R12 Maths, English and Computer Studies - NAMET ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
janner English Weather Miscellaneous 3
S Copied from USCG post - need help in translation, Norwegian to English..maritime Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
janner NO Speak English Miscellaneous 0
L English Grammar Blue Jokes 0
stan_the_man Mmm we English have got it all wrong - again Diamond Lil's 17
The_Caretaker English Hospitality Miscellaneous 0
G The re-invention of the English language Diamond Lil's 28
M Areas in English Channel for D-day History 17
NotmeChief An English Country Garden The Gash Barge 2
Joint_Force_Harrier Part of France is English? Current Affairs 18
A The Beauty of the English Language Diamond Lil's 0
scouse Winch Mob by Andrew English. Easy Easy Steady The Fleet Air Arm 7
lonestar English Defence League Current Affairs 28
sanitarium Maths and English at Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
The_Jimmy Press one for English Diamond Lil's 1
soleil Scotsman: "SNP will let English keep military bases" Bases / Shore Est 10
C RT english Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J RT - English Practise? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Chicogiz New modern english lesson! Diamond Lil's 35
SkullFuct Americans: the NHS and Prof Hawking not being English Current Affairs 1
soleil Former booty canoes across English Channel for charity The Corps 0
soleil English Heritage: "No Blue Plaque for "Buster" Crabb" History 0
BillyNoMates A pretty "English" village The Corps 1
5dits French accuse English of war crimes Current Affairs 50
M maths and english test ? The Corps 4
5dits Scottish tourist attraction bans English tourist's The Quarterdeck 88
T Skoot! A new word enters the English language... Diamond Lil's 8
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top