England Excellent v. Slovenia

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by soleil, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I didn't want to revive the England s**** again thread, just in case, so started a new one .......... please let it be true ..............

I'm going to get a stiff drink anyway, before the match kicks off ......... :)

2. Not understood - please let what be true?

3. The "England Excellent" bit :lol:

4. Sorry - blonde head on. An oxymoron surely. Or have you already been having a quiet drink?

5. No, the G and T is being poured as I speak ............ :lol:

Just hoping that the phrase "England Excellent" brings good karma ........

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Give us the score line Sol, before the G & T kicks in

7. Half time.

Upson seems out of his depth at this level. Lampard has been slack with some passes. Defoe did nothing for 15 minutes then scored.

Gerrard should have made it 2-0, but they are playing a lot better than previous games. Rooney is uncharacteristically quiet.

8. tell you what. this ref needs to be sacked. he gave a yellow card to one of the england team who was pushed over and said he was 'diving. bollocks. then he gave a free kick to slovenia for an obvious dive. i don't really like football but this ref needs a visit from soom england football hooligans. :angry4:

arse

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Then STFU then... :roll:

10. Watched the '66 final locked in the 'lobster pot' at Mudeford and have not gone through the finals since without the usual edge of the seat stuff. Last night, all the usual suspects were there and they didn't disappoint.

Then sat down to watch the Ghana v Germany match. Like most brits I detest the arrogant krauts, but these 2 teams were from a different planet. Crisp, sharp inventive football, instant control and a heightened awareness. I cringed when I compared them to our flawed but workmanlike donkeys, and thought 'is this really the finest we can produce'?

It has been said before, but I believe that it is high time that major changes should be made to the way that young talented players are streamed through the system. They get to the reserve team and then wither on the vine, simply unable to get 1st team experience due to the sheer numbers of cheap foreign imports in English football. You only have to look at the big 4 to know that the vast majority of these teams are made up of non-English players, and Capello has to compete on the World stage with what remains. It was so crucial some weeks ago, that Paul Scholes was asked to rejoin the squad.

Braced for incoming.

11. janner

Nothing from Sol. so far today, is she still paraletic??

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

She's busy with work - she'll be back soon, don't worry... :thumbleft:

13. janner

I prefer my version :lol:

14. :crybaby:

15. This quote spotted............

''This World Cup is turning out just like World War Two. France surrendered early, the USA arrived at the last minute and we're left to fight the Germans again''