Enginners Urgently Needed!!

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by ForcesJobShop, Sep 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. we have a number of jobs in the Est Midlands and Yorkshire for Electrical/Mechanical Engineers to work for a manufacturing giant!. we have had by far the most success recruiting from Naval Engineers than any other Armed Forces backgrounds but have also taken from both the Army and Air Force. the crooks of these roles is the in-depth engineering background of the candidates we need, not anyone who would class themselves as a fitter, but passionate engineers who has to know how something works rather than just having the skills to swap something in or out. we have filled 15 roles so far and have just brought on a new stream of work so we need as many candidates as possible. send CV's to [email protected] and i will be in touch with you as soon as i can. kind regards, Tim O'Shea, ForcesJobShop. www.forcesjobshop.co.uk
  2. Oviously Naval engineers as we are the best, but far to far North for my liking, good luck
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I take it English Language is not one of the "essential criteria" for the position of 'Enginners'? I would be interested to learn what "the crooks of these roles" are... :wink:
  4. SgtP, he wants Greenies/Pinkies, not Schoolies.....:toothy10:

As for the crooks, they would be the Pongoes and Crabs that took his filthy lucre. Lets just give Tim the benefit of the doubt that he never went to Reggies typing school....

(To save any dabbers reaching for their trusty OED, its crux)
  5. SGP little known fact engneers design, fix, make manufature etc if we need to get English as wrote and not spoke we employ a an administrator, for the trivial stuff
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sumo, I wont point out the obvious irony here...please thrash your administrator. Do you need a corner office to get your own Writer??
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Can not let admin lose on RR they have get some work done, and leave us to play
  8. I was tempted until I saw Yorkshire as the location, ain't no technology in them parts.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

'Tis witchcraft, I tell thee..! :shock:
  10. Stone wall technician and Ferret coaxer are high tech jobs......
  11. they be trained pro's
  12. There was a posting on the WEs Facebook page for a company desperately looking engineers
  13. WE's and engineers, surely that's an oxymoron?
  14. Well I used to think along those line that Clanky = Moron

Then someone introduced themselves as a software Engineer, so I had to have a rethink and look up the meaning of an engineer;
    An engineer is a professional practitioner of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to develop solutions for technical, social and economic problems. Engineers design materials, structures and systems while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, safety and cost.[SUP][1][2][/SUP]
    The word engineer is derived from the Latin roots ingeniare ("to contrive, devise") and ingenium ("cleverness").[SUP][3][4]
    Engineers are grounded in applied sciences, and their work in research and development is distinct from the basic research focus of scientists.[SUP][2][/SUP] The work of engineers forms the link between scientific discoveries and their subsequent applications to human needs and quality of life

So given due consideration of skill base;

WE = Engineer Elite

Clanky (MEA, MEM) still = Moron

Soft heads = **********
  15. The fish are lively today :)
  16. All you need to do is rig your line and select the right bait and see what you can catch
  17. You're a cleaver boy today........whoops there's another.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. That is really well done on 2 levels clever and Boy
  19. I prefer cleaver, has nice overtones of mindless violence.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Does that mean Rummer messed up and I need my glasses sorting, so instead of oxymoron rummers was just a poxy-moron , as he may have been correct in calling the Axe man?