ENGINEERS: Financial Retention Incentive

Subsunk

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I suppose the FRI is more of a 'thank you' to those who are in for life anyway.

There are plenty of cracking opportunities outside for good, adaptable forces techs and engineers. But you do need to look for them via a sustained campaign, because 'Quest' and CTP shy away from letting you know about the really good ones. Far more people would be heading for the door, and they wouldn't be able to burn up people's ELCAS credits on useless courses run by their bandit mates.

Seadog

War Hero
I believe that there is a thread running about this already. Just because the press have got wind of it, it doesn't follow that a new thread is required.

I'm not equipped to merge, I'll do it later unless someone beats me to it.

I suppose the FRI is more of a 'thank you' to those who are in for life anyway.

Hmmmm, not sure;

A mate of mine was on the signal for promotion to WO1 on 03 Mar this year and accepted after a couple of days deliberation. This FRI was announced two weeks later and because he had accepted promotion he wasn't eligible. His oppo was also on the signal but on leave at the time. When he came back off leave he had the opportunity to apply for the FRI and accept promotion. I think they're still on speaking terms.....................but to be honest, you couldn't dream it up really could you?

Oh, hang on yes, after the way the engineers have been treated for the past 15 years I would believe anything you could suggest about mismanagement.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Comedy moments. They **** engineers over post Pay 2000, **** them further with WO2 and then **** them thrice by promoting WO2s to 1s by cornflakes box giftset. Oh, and just as a barbed-wire reach-round there's ET as well.

levers

The SM FRI was clear that CIS rates were not to be included

As such, you could have a CIS(SM) going GS, be eligible for the FRI and as such. Not see a drop in pay really and have a hugely better quality of life

The SM FRI was clear that CIS rates were not to be included

As such, you could have a CIS(SM) going GS, be eligible for the FRI and as such. Not see a drop in pay really and have a hugely better quality of life
Sounds like another, excellently thought-through, manpower retention tool..............!

Surely somebody in long trousers has got to start looking at these FRIs - the detail and requirements can't be that difficult to establish to ensure that the target audience aren't actually being penalised (or disadvantaged)? Perhaps we could get somebody from the procurement executive who is really savvy with contracts?

Or maybe not!!

OK, maybe one of the branch managers????

I never mentioned Submariners they get enough money. I'm thinking GS

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
hmmm .... three months out

... 6 on 6 off not enough people

... patrol extended a couple of weeks

... gash bags piling up

... hot food twice a week

... coming up the Clyde ... VIPs

... confined to bunks

... turn about so VIPs can get a dive

... recalled from leave after 4 days off

... money = old rope

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
hmmmmmm, indeed!

hmmm .... three months out
Shit isn't it, but that's life as a queenie.

... 6 on 6 off not enough people
You'll have to expand on that, because thats pretty normal for most in front of the RC bulkhead.

... patrol extended a couple of weeks

... gash bags piling up
What do you suggest, burning it in an incinerator?

... hot food twice a week
Did they have a massive fire in the galley and it was put out of action. Or are you exaggerating like a drama queen?

... coming up the Clyde ... VIPs

... confined to bunks
Did all the air purification equipment catch fire and you were on candles and cans?

... turn about so VIPs can get a dive

... recalled from leave after 4 days off
It's a shame they never sent you on patrol. You wouldn't have dripped all over this thread like a missle Mary on blob.

Easy money, but at the end of the day, what has this got to do with engineering in the RN?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I almost feel blessed that the only kind of retention I need to worry about is of the urinary kind.
Why would you want to retain your own urine? I see you're from South Walesshire, but I assumed that sort of thing died out when they introduced electrickery-powered TVs to the region in the 1980s... :?

Why would you want to retain your own urine? I see you're from South Walesshire, but I assumed that sort of thing died out when they introduced electrickery-powered TVs to the region in the 1980s... :?
Er...I live in South Wales but I'm not actually from (in that I didn't originate) from South Wales. I'd call you a dick but that would be curmudgeonly...to dicks.
As for anyone wanting to retain their own urine, I don't have a clue why anyone sane would want that but I can tell you I'm getting to/at the age where that's a strong possibility without it being a matter of choice and that's my point. Over your head?
It was supposed to be a light hearted remark but you've ruined that, now. Damn you!:whdat:

Last edited: