Engineering technician – marine engineering (submariner)

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by zippo2208, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Really interested in joining the Navy on the subs.
    I've been told that the wait time for this particular job is 8 months, one of the shortest, which appeals to me.

I'm looking to hear from anyone that currently does this, or has done this - for a little bit of advice.
    And also some advice for general submariners, about life on a sub, how often i would come up into port etc...

Thanks

2. This has been covered many times, have you tried the search function? I was an ME submariner but left nearly 5 years ago, Wits and Joe Crow are serving ME S/M's.What did you want to know specifically? (after having searched it of course).p.s. They're boats, not subs.

3. Hey Zippo. Just to give you the heads up pal, i started my recruitment process in August 2009 and that is me just going away to Raleigh on May 27th 2012. That's joining as an MESM aswell. All the best with your recruitment if u decide to sign up.

4. So on a scale of 1 to 10 how far up or down the list is this factor? If its right at the top you probably need to rethink your game plan bud. Its the job you need to be waiting for, not the chance to get a faster pay packet.