Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Engineering Technicans drafted to boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at my icp the other day the officer said that because im going in as an ET-ME, i may be drafted (forced) into the submarine service any time in my career.

can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I'm guessing by the kiss at the end of your post that you are either a chick or a hoop bandit.

If the latter is true you will be more than welcome in the submarine service. If the former is true you are a retard and can I have your phone number.

Edited to add seriousness: Yes you might end up on boats, but this can be easily averted with a.......cough........history of ear problems, but I didn't tell you that.

WYF: Everyone (male personnel at the moment) is eligible for service on Submarines, although "forced" may be too strong a word. The RN will endeavour to take your considerations into account and employ you in a unit/location that suits you, however the Service requirements overrule any personal desires when it comes to your draft... :thumbleft:

Yes you can be drafted, I was and never regretted it (after the intial toys out the pram session) but don't tell drafty that :wink:

waveyourflag said:
WreckerL said:
Yes you can be drafted, I was and never regretted it (after the intial toys out the pram session) but don't tell drafty that :wink:

how long did you spend in the surface fleet first?

Just over 2 years on the Bulwark (the old one), I joined it in '74 and left it to join boats in '77. Left boats and the mob in 2007.

just say you were a leading hand, petty officer etc in the surface fleet, would you be taken back to able rate if you switched service?

waveyourflag said:
just say you were a leading hand, petty officer etc in the surface fleet, would you be taken back to able rate if you switched service?

Yes they would demote you and reduce your salary from over 30k back down to 17k.
I know you are just applying but at least try to use your head when asking questions.

danny said:
waveyourflag said:

Yes they would demote you and reduce your salary from over 30k back down to 17k.
I know you are just applying but at least try to use your head when asking questions.

sorry but how was i supposed to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads