Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engineering golden hello

skoot1984

Just noticed that the navy are advertising a golden hello of £12000 for new engineer officers. This wasn't mentioned when I was applying so I was wondering if anyone who has been to the careers office recently can explain to me who is eligible for this.

skoot1984 said:
Just noticed that the navy are advertising a golden hello of £12000 for new engineer officers.

True. The RN is so short of direct entry engineers that they are offering to pay their student debts. There is a snippet on the RN web site and it's included in the latest recruiting stuff.

UYs and SUYs are not eligible however! :wink:

skoot1984

TattooDog said:
skoot1984 said:
Just noticed that the navy are advertising a golden hello of £12000 for new engineer officers.

True. The RN is so short of direct entry engineers that they are offering to pay their student debts. There is a snippet on the RN web site and it's included in the latest recruiting stuff.

UYs and SUYs are not eligible however! :wink:

Are current students who have a reserved place eligible?

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
I understand the need to effectively bribe the talent to join up but would be interested to know exactly what the terms and conditions for being eligible for this bonus are.

I assume they have to sign on for a reasonable period and repay it if they don't go the distance ... ?

SILVER_FOX said:
I understand the need to effectively bribe the talent to join up but would be interested to know exactly what the terms and conditions for being eligible for this bonus are.

I assume they have to sign on for a reasonable period and repay it if they don't go the distance ... ?

Yes, I believe there's a return of service - at least 3 years. Should be a lot more though.

rnr77

Badgeman
dunkers said:
Did you seriously just dig up a thread from 3 years ago?
Thats what you get for me using the search facility

Although must admit wasn't quite looking at the post dates when i replied. Thought it sounded weird!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
G Technician (Weapon Engineering) Communications Information Systems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
O Engineering Technician (Marine Engineering) Branch Joining the Royal Navy 1
T preparation for RFA engineering apprenticeship RFA 27
S RFA engineering interview RFA 4
MoD_RSS Engineering a bright future for women MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKAEA engineer in 2020 Top 50 Women in Engineering awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the women in engineering helping to shape the world MoD News 0
I marine engineering officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Chemical engineering for nuclear in the spotlight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Celebrating 10 years of Green Engineering in Cumbria MoD News 0
H Engineering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
MoD_RSS Engineering new normals MoD News 0
S Air Engineering Officer or Hydrographer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
Gematria Laziest Engineering Branch? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
K Air engineering technician recruitment phase Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Royal Navy Engineering Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
soleil FB: HMS Sultan: "It's An Air Engineering First For Accelerated Apprentices" Bases / Shore Est 6
J Accelerated apprentice scheme in marine engineering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
0 Studied law - hated it, now want to pursue a career in engineering with the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
09traej RFA Engineering Cadetship - Graduate RFA 13
L Comms or engineering? RFA 2
B Marine Engineering phase 2 Course length?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
K Cadet Engineering advice RFA 4
MoD_RSS Tax offences lands engineering boss 11-year ban MoD News 0
J Weapons Engineering Officer (submariner) Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS Business Secretary pays tribute to late Lord Bhattacharyya with new engineering inspired initiatives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vacancies: Inspectors of Air Accidents (Engineering) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £67m Ipswich Tidal Flood Barrier wins top engineering award MoD News 0
E Accelerated Apprenticeship scheme (Air Engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Very torn between engineering and intelligence Joining the Royal Navy 13
P Marine Engineering apprenticeship vs Regular intake Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Press release: Scottish underwater engineering base to propel UK to the top of ‘blue economy’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Vacancy: Engineering Support Technician MoD News 0
N ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME (MARINE ENGINEERING) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Engineering first as Dutch flood defence scheme is unveiled in Somerset MoD News 0
K Direct Entry Marine Engineering Officer Joining the Royal Navy 22
O How long is the professional training durring the accelerated appreticeship scheme(Air engineering) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
R What Qualifications do you gain as an Marine Engineering Technician in the Royal Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Marvel legends assemble to inspire next generation of engineering super heroes! MoD News 0
R Marine Engineering (Technician) qualifications and career path Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl wins against commercial teams in Institution of Engineering and Technology Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: National celebration of engineering held at Westminster Abbey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Apple set to inspire thousands of young people across the UK for the Year of Engineering MoD News 0
J (engineering) - joining at 16 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
K Marine Engineering Officer - Commonwealth applicant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Press release: Alun Cairns: “Wales can lead the way in our engineering revolution” MoD News 0
M RFA engineering apprenticeship RFA 13
A Air Engineering Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
F Marine Engineering Joining the Royal Navy 6