Engineering Apprentice SIFT date

Discussion in 'RFA' started by slimboyfat, Sep 15, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good luck for those that have applied I believe that the SIFT date is today,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anyone know when I'll be likely to hear back regarding the outcome? Will it be by phone or via mail?

3. Post and around 2 weeks, that's my experience anyway
    Good luck
    :)

4. ahhh its gunna be a long two weeks then! Got my fingers crossed like. Good luck to everyone else too.

5. Best of luck, chaps.

6. Now it's just a waiting game, good luck people

7. Got interview on 15th October! Anybody else heard?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've got an interview!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Guessing by my time, I'll probably be the first in. :)

10. Well done to those that got an interview!

I have just received a letter stating I wasn't selected for interview. :(

How does one go about reapplying?

Regards,

FK.

11. Well, I just got off the phone to Jago Rd and because of the huge numbers of applicants, and I had a lower score on the part 4 of the RT, is why I didn't get an interview. I've been told I have to wait 6 months before reapplying, but is that just for the engineering role, or could I apply for another role a bit sooner?

Regards,

FK.

12. What time have you got? Your going to have to post on here straight after to give us a heads up lmao

13. Unlucky mate, honestly I would not have a clue about re applying for other branches

14. I got 79 in the RT test, I can only assume I got at least 19 in mechanical comprehension section. So it may be the bar was set about there.

9am for my interview. The RT was earlier, so I should be able to function at that time!

15. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Why do you assume that?

16. I missed out on the previous post that I was assuming and using average score across out of a possible 120. It's extremely likely that I'm wrong. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  17. I think she said my mechanical comprehension score was just below 50, or something like that. A pass is still a pass though, or so I thought.

18. exJenny

There are 30 marks available in each section. The minimum total score required probably is about 50 out of 120. However, depending on the role applied for, in certain sections, usually numeracy and mechanical comprehension, you need to achieve higher scores than you would in English and reasoning (or whatever they do these days). You might have made the minimum required score to progress to the paper sift, e.g. 53 (15-15-15-8), but have failed to progress further due to your MC (8) being too low. Before you say anything, especially you @Ninja_Stoker, it's been a while since I last sat it so I can't remember what order the test is in, just pretend MC comes last. Call recruitment and see what they advise. Taking the test again with a new application might be better for you.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  19. I don't have a clue about what my scores were asking as I get a pass I'm happy lol

20. exJenny

They don't tend to give out the scores but some of us have been told in the past.