Engineering apprentice interview

Discussion in 'RFA' started by slimboyfat, Sep 22, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody help me with regards to questions asked at the interview and what type of stuff the focus mainly on? Cheers people
  2. From my own experience and what I was advised when I asked the question on here, learn as much about the role you have applied for, including where the training is and how long it lasts. You will be asked about your RFA knowledge; what they do, where they operate, ship names, roles, crew sizes. You may be asked to give an example of when you have worked under pressure and when you worked as part of a team. You will probably also be asked why the RFA and why the role you have chosen.
    Good luck.
  3. Cheers mate, I've heard that they show you a few diagrams and ask you what type of engine or machine it is but I'm sure I will get by lol
  4. Would they really ask you that after the RT?
  5. Yeah but it's more in depth
  6. Found out a mate has interview on Monday the 12th
  7. Mine is on Thursday the 15th? Anybody else for interview?
  8. Yeah, it's 3 pictures they show you to see if you recognize any machinery.
  9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Thanks for sharing.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Cheers popeye!
  11. I take it's stuff like Diesel engines and electrical circuits?
  12. At my interview there was a pump, steering gear and something else I cant remember. But yeah its basically just electric motors and hydraulics etc etc
  13. i have my interview a week today for motorman 2, does anyone know if you are informed on the day wether or not youve been succesful or if you are contacted afterwards
  14. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They don't do all the interviews in one day. It takes a couple of weeks before you find out.
  15. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Read through the RFA subforum. Lots of your questions have probably already been asked. Whilst the jobs maybe different, the recruitment process is the same.
  16. You find out after a few weeks
  17. thanks guys !
  18. Thought my interview went ok, but I've just came home to a hammer blow because my local GP practice have left a message on my phone telling me they've given me the wrong NHS number which I've put on my medical form. So I've had it by the looks of it. :-(
  19. That probably wont matfer too much they will mpst likely contact you when they realise its not right
  20. Here's hoping. Can't see it happening though.

Gutted. Thought my interview went ok too. Not the first time my GP practice has done this, they almost cost me my drivers license once. :-(