ENG1 Timeframe

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Tried searching for the answer but I couldn't see it anywhere...

Sift being carried out in October, start date in April... Approximately when would the ENG1 medical be required to take place should I be successful, or is it a case of just having it by the start date? Or is there a set date/timeframe...

Thanks and apologies if I've asked the same question again

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
If you’re successful in the sift you’ll be told to get your vaccinations, security clearance and ENG1. I was chased up about 6 weeks after my acceptance letter to see if all was done. The sticking point was yellow fever, had to get that done in Boots eventually as GP wouldn’t do it. Keep your receipt.

I booked the ENG as soon as I got the letter and it took 4 weeks to get an appointment. You do realise it’s only certain surgeries in the UK that can do them? Google search for an up to date list. So in short it doesn’t really matter but I would get it out of the way as soon as you’re informed you need one.

It’s valid for 2 years and it’s up to you to keep it in date. Again keep your receipt as you can claim it back - £80.

If you’re successful in the sift you’ll be told to get your vaccinations, security clearance and ENG1. I was chased up about 6 weeks after my acceptance letter to see if all was done. The sticking point was yellow fever, had to get that done in Boots eventually as GP wouldn’t do it. Keep your receipt.

I booked the ENG as soon as I got the letter and it took 4 weeks to get an appointment. You do realise it’s only certain surgeries in the UK that can do them? Google search for an up to date list. So in short it doesn’t really matter but I would get it out of the way as soon as you’re informed you need one.

It’s valid for 2 years and it’s up to you to keep it in date. Again keep your receipt as you can claim it back - £80.
Appreciate the reply and info. Thank you. Have already made contact with an MCA doctor and discussed my mild asthma at length to see if he thought it would be an issue - he didnt - so will definitely use him!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L RFA 1
AussieMedic RFA 3
D RFA 17