Embittered and Pensionless?

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Realizing a number of old and bold are grumpy old gits--
but these two chaps are fairly modern having served ( in a somewhat cushier navy).
Lt Cmd Lester Earl May ( Jack Dusty) served 1972-84 in HMS's
Brave, Hydra, Jupiter, Bulwark and Albion

His fellow bete noir Lt Lewis Page BA ( Mine Warfare Clearance Diver) served 1993-03 in HMS's
Quorn,Middleton and Bridport
Poor Twiglet and others appear rather upset by their rather long Drip Chits.

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
Realizing a number of old and bold are grumpy old gits--
but these two chaps are fairly modern having served ( in a somewhat cushier navy).
Lt Cmd Lester Earl May ( Jack Dusty) served 1972-84 in HMS's
Brave, Hydra, Jupiter, Bulwark and Albion

His fellow bete noir Lt Lewis Page BA ( Mine Warfare Clearance Diver) served 1993-03 in HMS's
Quorn,Middleton and Bridport
Poor Twiglet and others appear rather upset by their rather long Drip Chits.
That's because Twiglet has a point.

Lester May and Lewis Page are a pair of self-serving belmers who are, frankly, a bit of an embarrassment to the RN. No, actually, quite a lot of an embarrassment.

Seadog

War Hero
The name ratsroden could be added to the opinionated, not always well informed, well out of date gentlemen named in the OP’s havering thread starter. Commander Ward is another. I don’t know their pension status but I sense that like ratsroden, their bitterness comes, in least in part from being outside the loop and not retiring in a rank consistent with their egos.

There are those, mostly but not exclusively retired VSOs who enjoy access, being in the loop, having influence and don’t need to write huffy letters to The Times to do so.

But then, perhaps,you were yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir--and otherwise servile and obsequious--and they weren't so prepared to be.
Obviously you didn't get a pension, I left as with all 3 badges, LS&GC and clasp and a very nice pension. Those that served with me (@Polto for one) would say I was the polar opposite of the person you described.

You're very bitter and twisted, I take it you were either stood over (if an officer) or failed every board you sat for a higher rate...or just one of lifes failures!

But then, perhaps,you were yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir--and otherwise servile and obsequious--and they weren't so prepared to be.
Ha ha! I REALLY wish we could meet! You'd see just how wrong you are. However, I feel you are the epitome of what is (was) wrong in so many Wardrooms. I doubt you would have lasted 5 minutes on a boat.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
You're still enjoying Spain? We took early retirement to Javea but found the heat a bit much-Thickening or thinning the blood--never knew which. We used to let our house to wealthy Germans (mostly) and take off to the Highlands of Kenya or Zimbabwe for a couple of the hottest months at their expense. The Villa next to ours-empty for most of the year- was occupied by the Madrid family for the hottest months. As the Madrilenos say about their Madrid weather " Seis meses de invierno y seis meses de infierno"
Rather a sweeping generalization of wardroom inhabitants but point taken.
Cheers! Down the hatch. Arriba Abajo al Centro por dentro!

You're still enjoying Spain? We took early retirement to Javea but found the heat a bit much-Thickening or thinning the blood--never knew which. We used to let our house to wealthy Germans (mostly) and take off to the Highlands of Kenya or Zimbabwe for a couple of the hottest months at their expense. The Villa next to ours-empty for most of the year- was occupied by the Madrid family for the hottest months. As the Madrilenos say about their Madrid weather " Seis meses de invierno y seis meses de infierno"
Rather a sweeping generalization of wardroom inhabitants but point taken.
Cheers! Down the hatch. Arriba Abajo al Centro por dentro!
Yes thanks! Currently in Cadiz via Gib (for the DFs). We didn't like Javea y Denia - too many Germans and we don't like the Costa del Sol - too many Brits!

Having a G&T at the moment - haven't heard that toast from a Brit before! Egualmente!

WTF is he smoking, some of us did our service took our pensions and left, thanks for the laugh s & jollies, it's time to move on.

And some of us, who left prior to whatever date in 1975 ( in my case 74, after almost 12) left with nothing. Such is life....still doing ok though. Would have chopped off a few years in the old bill if it had counted towards my police pension. Missed the boat there but that's how the cookie crumbled. :)

Latest Threads