Elite Athletes

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Billy Q, Apr 20, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. “I would like to know how many Elite Athletes are currently employed within the Armed Forces and
    would like this information broken down by Service eg RAF, Army & Navy.”

I am treating your correspondence as a request for information under the Freedom of Information
    Act 2000 (FOI Act). I can confirm that the Ministry of Defence (MOD) holds information within the
    scope of your request.

Therefore to answer your request we have interpreted your reference to “Elite Athletes” as meaning
    that an elite athlete is allowed to train full time with their respective National Governing Body or
    professional club. Under this definition the Royal Navy has 2 such athletes, the Army has 17 and the
    RAF 8.

• Braindead Braindead x 1
  2. Is there a point?

Of course there isn't.

• Like Like x 2
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It's so he can moan about people being paid to be Athletes rather than the job they joined to do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Only two? I'm outraged. Why should the junior branch of the Armed Forces have 4 times as many. Harrumpf. Where do I write my strongly worded letter, Pitt St?

I put Pitt St as hardly anyone will remember those days when the mirrors and Brylcreme were based there!

5. Where is the tumble weed when you need it!

6. "the Army has 17"

That's the Fijian National Squad almost

7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As I've pointed out before; if the Andrew bothered to get the boots big enough to fit, they might join you lot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Defence cuts we can only have normal size boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Apart from size 8, 9 and 10 steaming bats. We have none of those, ever.

• Like Like x 2
  10. And sensible sized foulie jackets - unless you are a Jan Docky, in which case you can have all the foulies...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

How much taxpayers cash was wasted spunked up the wall to answer that pile of gash?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm going to ask, under FOI of course.

13. Nosey Bastard Aren't you

14. That's girly
    That's girly size shoes, all I could get was 11wide, know wonder they hurt turned out I had size 13, never had any of them either, may be the Army nicked all the good stuff so they could run fast. Under foi I found the Army was full of crooks, the 17 practiced by trying to out run the coppers, that's why are only have 2 their AFCO said they were to clever for the Army, so we ended up with 2 clever crooks.
    I feel ill must be this thread?

15. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

And I am going to FOI how much your FOI about my FOI cost to answer. So nanananana to you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Stop it , all of you. At SPVA , we used to get this shit all the time. They were called PQs.........

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. You could argue the RN used to have a few hundred Field Gunners causing gapped billets ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. and the RN display team, which was a draft?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes it was, and a good one apparently. Never did it myself, but a few of my fellow WEMs from early '90s did and they all loved it.