Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eligibility to wear a RNVR tie?

saxonfred

I joined the RNVR on HMS President in 1954 part-time for training as a Telegraphist. Joined the RN in 1957-59 as a Telegraphist. Can I wear a RNVR 'wavy navy' tie?

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I joined the RNVR on HMS President in 1954 part-time for training as a Telegraphist. Joined the RN in 1957-59 as a Telegraphist. Can I wear a RNVR 'wavy navy' tie?
Not sure, but, I hope you can.
Can’t see why not. There’s probably gonna be a grown up around soon to give you the gen.
As stated, hope so.

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I would have thought so. Who is going to tell you off?
As I see it you served RNVR and RN so you can wear either.

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Ah, the self appointed fashion police. Those that wear fraternity apparel inappropriately, already know it and they shame themselves. You have service and you know it, so show it.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
For many years my Father wore both RNVR and RNV(S)R ties - not both at the same time! Unlike TiesRUs, he would have been very content with the present day attitude to wearing a tie since, later in life, he declared that he would never wear a tie again. He was blissfully unaware that he was in fact wearing a tie on his last run ashore.....

Jack

Waspie

War Hero
Couldn't see why the RNVR tie couldn't e worn. You worked for them!

Lets face it, enough Walts out there wearing ties and badges they are not entitled to nor ever will be.

Wear it with pride.

Chris P

War Hero
For many years my Father wore both RNVR and RNV(S)R ties - not both at the same time! Unlike TiesRUs, he would have been very content with the present day attitude to wearing a tie since, later in life, he declared that he would never wear a tie again. He was blissfully unaware that he was in fact wearing a tie on his last run ashore.....

Jack
Not even when it was cold enough for two ties..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Civil news: amendments to legal aid eligibility criteria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Allocation of Housing and Homelessness (Eligibility) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2020: letter to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eligibility for government childcare offers protected MoD News 0
S RT Eligibility: FAA Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Civil news: eligibility changes for separated migrant children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil/crime news: amendments to legal aid eligibility legislation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ePassport gates eligibility expansion confirmed for June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: updated eligibility guidance reflects 2018 contracts MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Welbeck DSFC - Change in eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C [ UGAS MESM] Eligibility Call tomorrow, what can I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
T SUY Eligibility UPO/Careers Office 2
S Unsure of my eligibility Joining the Royal Navy 11
Keegz_222 Can you appeal the eligibility requirements? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Medical Eligibility Question - Nasal Polyps Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Questions about eligibility! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
J Warfare Officer - advice needed about my eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Commonwealth eligibility to join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Hi guys, just a quick question regarding my eligibility to become an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
T RNR Eligibility - Age Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
Z Question about my eligibility to join Submariners (dual nationality concern) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
L GYH(T) eligibility UPO 12
all_purple_now Diamond Jubilee Medal eligibility Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
Ninja_Stoker Her Majesty's Royal Naval Service Eligibility & Guidance Notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S In-Service Degree Eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Ignual Hernia effect my eligibility to join the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
JonnyAlpha Preserved Pension Eligibility Finance & Pensions 7
L URNU Eligibility SCC and URNU 2
G direct entry officer eligibility Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
B Can I wear athletic tape during Royal Marine Commando training ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS British Embassy Warsaw staff wear pride-themed masks to mark IDAHOBIT MoD News 0
MoD_RSS North-east rail revolution begins with Beeching reversal and fund for new trains across Tyne and Wear MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If you’re going out to scare, know what to wear MoD News 0
mayabear Formal Interview ; what to wear? (Female) Joining the Royal Navy 8
Sgt Jobsearch Plant Trainer - Tyne & Wear - £Competitive The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS 3 Week Multi Trade Skills – Tyne and Wear The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Project Engineer - Tyne & Wear - £28,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch General Manager - Tyne & Wear - £55,000 - £65,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Technical Author - Tyne & Wear - £28,000 starting salary The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Engineering Technician (North East) - Tyne & Wear - £24,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Electrical Instrumentation Technician - Tyne & Wear - £28,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
R Been told i can attest at Flying fox what to wear? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
Sgt Jobsearch Wireless Network Engineer - Tyne & Wear - £Negotiable + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Wireless Network Engineer - Tyne & Wear The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
2_deck_dash Multiple adquals - how do you wear the badges? UPO 16
D Can you wear dolphins upon return to general service? Submariners 37
K Quick Question - What color trousers/shirts to wear at PRNC? Diamond Lil's 22
soleil Sky Tyne And Wear: "Royal Navy Streets Ahead In Heritage quest" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
DemobJob Pre Military Tutor - Tyne & Wear The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Sky Tyne & Wear: "Public Invited Aboard Newcastle Affiliated Warship HMS Dauntless" The Fleet 5
soleil Herald: "MP Has No Right To Wear Marine Tie" The Corps 13