Electrician Officer or Deck Officer

wolly

I want some advices from you because I don’t know what to choose.The first problem is vision and I have some doubts that a deck officer can become a captain if he has myopia.At least when you drive the ship with the steering wheel you have to gain a good sight.The second problem is that I’m not so great at physics and chemistry and I heard that if you want to become an electrician officer you have to fill all your empty knowledges with everything that you didn’t learnt in highschool or school and I’m still trying to learn these subjects(even if I’m parallel with them).
What are your advices?What should I pick?

Seadog

War Hero
If you are talking about the RFA you are in the wrong thread.
Now in the RFA Forum.

The eyesight standards for deck officers are the same for cadets and Captains and all points in between. Likewise engineers, same from cadet to Chief. Tested by an MCA Approved Doctor independent of the RFA.

Electrical Officers (systems engineers or ETOs) are educated, examined and qualified in physics based subjects.

There are English language and nationality requirements for RFA Officers of all branches and ranks.

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
I can’t believe you gave such a sensible reply Seadog, I thought the guy was taking the Michael!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tui Bird ELECTRICIAN'S MATE 1948 The Fleet 17
Sgt Jobsearch Electrician - Ruthin - £Competitive The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Industrial Electrician – Manchester The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Fire Installation Electrician - Blackwater - £25,000 - £28,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Skilled Electrician - BAE Systems - Lancashire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Electrician - Minley - £24K - £27K + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Asset Care Electrician The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Site Electrician The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Electrician - 2391, 17th edition Electrician The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Overhead Power Line Electrician - Full Training and Job offer The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Overhead Line Electrician - Training and Job offer The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Power Line Electrician - Training and Job Offer The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Electrical Engineer / Electrician - Afghanistan / UK The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Electrician (DV) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
O Qualified Electrician - £10p/h - Cumbria The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
T Electrician in the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
A Intelligence officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
MoD_RSS HMRC appoints Chief Digital and Information Officer MoD News 0
I Officer joining requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Cadet Deck officer college choices. RFA 9
J Intelligence Officer Lifestyle and Questions Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Officer academic requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T Officer or Rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
Y Logistics Officer RFA 2
S Employment Opportunities and Qualifications for Warfare Intelligence Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S RN Diving Officer The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Richard Irvine appointed as UK’s Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for Asda Stores Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for TJ Morris Limited MoD News 0
Z Logistics Officer Training RFA 4
CiviPilot Deferring University Entry Waiting for Officer Application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Publications Officer (Apprentice) MoD News 0
I marine engineering officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
I Officer Near Visual Acuity for Category 1 or 2 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
I Good routes for RNR GE Officer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Charity Commission appoints Nick Baker as new Chief Operating Officer MoD News 0
C Warfare Intelligence Officer Joining the Royal Navy 2
C Application referred to senior medical officer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Information on RFA Cadet Officer (Deck) course RFA 6
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Investigation Support Officer, Southampton MoD News 0
T Systems Engineer Officer Training and Beyond RFA 2
MoD_RSS Magnox announces new Chief Operating Officer MoD News 0
F Possible Rejoin - SE Officer opportunities RFA 1
L Hydrographic and Meterology Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C Weapons engineer Officer application (submariner) Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Air Engineering Officer or Hydrographer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47