Electrical Circuit.. quick explanation please..

By my understanding the answer is wrong only bulbs 3 + 4 should come on. Bulb 2 is in series with bulb 1 and should not come on when the switch is closed.

matelo99 said:
By my understanding the answer is wrong only bulbs 3 + 4 should come on. Bulb 2 is in series with bulb 1 and should not come on when the switch is closed.
I'm with you on this one with 3 + 4.
By removing bulb you are effectively open circuiting bulb 2.

chieftiff

War Hero
The question asks how many bulbs will light up, the answer is b) 2

Nothing wrong with the options as the correct answer is there, the explanations however are complete bollox as has been pointed out and even the thick grubber above agrees.

chieftiff said:

Nothing wrong with the options as the correct answer is there, the explanations however are complete bollox as has been pointed out and even the thick grubber above agrees.
right then you asked for it -

1. you are no longer my best friend and family number or speeddial 1 on my mobile.

2 . i warned you - you are now longer in my facebook either

chieftiff

War Hero
shag_shacker said:
chieftiff said:

right then you asked for it -

1. you are no longer my best friend and family number or speeddial 1 on my mobile.

2 . i warned you - you are now longer in my facebook either
:whew:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Tsk. Technology eh?

Someone taking their Australian GCSE Physics exam scans a question, posts it on here and gets an answer whilst the exam is still in progress.

There was me dripping about not being allowed to use a calulator in my 'O- Levels'.

change provider as you're obviously getting seen off from a nasty private company. PS if you ever get stuck on one of these questions follow this advice.....swicth off at the wall and then switch on again I believe it's called a Ferranti reset.
Regards
Pussers Grit

This reminds me of the story about a supposedly mathematically astute course at Collingrad who were taught Ohm's Law as 'I=V/R'. When 'V=IR' appeared in an exam, they complained that this hadn't been part of the syllabus.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Naval_Gazer said:
This reminds me of the story about a supposedly mathematically astute course at Collingrad who were taught Ohm's Law as 'I=V/R'. When 'V=IR' appeared in an exam, they complained that this hadn't been part of the syllabus.
Sounds about right.

Of course this would never happen at Sultan, harrumph.