Electrical Circuit.. quick explanation please..

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by IcemanR6, May 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Can somebody explain why bulbs 2 and 4 are the only 2 bulbs to come on if bulb 1 is removed..

thanks in advance..
  2. By my understanding the answer is wrong only bulbs 3 + 4 should come on. Bulb 2 is in series with bulb 1 and should not come on when the switch is closed.
  3. thats precisely why i'm having trouble with it.. lol..
  4. Agreed :thumright:
  5. I'm with you on this one with 3 + 4.
    By removing bulb you are effectively open circuiting bulb 2.
  6. a thickie grubber agrees with all above - are you seeing a trend here
  7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

The question asks how many bulbs will light up, the answer is b) 2

Nothing wrong with the options as the correct answer is there, the explanations however are complete bollox as has been pointed out and even the thick grubber above agrees.
  8. Even a non electrially minded scablifter knows someone fooked up there!
  9. FFS!!!!!!!!!!
    Lamps glow
    Bulbs grow
  10. chieftiff

I thought it was filaments that glow, it's all become a bit hazy in these days of LED's :dwarf:
  11. thanks for the replies guys..
  12. onThe soil is so dark in the The Rhonnda Valleyy that they have to plant light bulbs
  13. right then you asked for it -

1. you are no longer my best friend and family number or speeddial 1 on my mobile.

2 . i warned you - you are now longer in my facebook either
  14. chieftiff

15. Took bulb No 2 out of a row of 4 in me garden.

Other 3 feckers still glowing.

Solar so good
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Tsk. Technology eh?

Someone taking their Australian GCSE Physics exam scans a question, posts it on here and gets an answer whilst the exam is still in progress.

There was me dripping about not being allowed to use a calulator in my 'O- Levels'.[​IMG]
  17. change provider as you're obviously getting seen off from a nasty private company. PS if you ever get stuck on one of these questions follow this advice.....swicth off at the wall and then switch on again I believe it's called a Ferranti reset.
    Pussers Grit
  18. This reminds me of the story about a supposedly mathematically astute course at Collingrad who were taught Ohm's Law as 'I=V/R'. When 'V=IR' appeared in an exam, they complained that this hadn't been part of the syllabus.
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sounds about right.

Of course this would never happen at Sultan, harrumph. [​IMG]
  20. The answer is D chris, final answer? yes final answer. :p..... that is correct, you have just won F all!