EIIR Pin badge on Captain's rings

Discussion in 'History' started by ulysses31, Jul 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate forum for my question:

I saw recently a Captain in No3's and he had a small silver EIIR pin badge on his rank slides and wondered what this signified?

2. If what your referring is Queen Elizabeth 2 it refers to the Queens equerry i believe. The Colonel of my unit was one and displayed the same below his rank!!

3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It means he is an Aide de Camp - ADC - to the Queen.

4. Siverfox is correct ADC to the Queen. There is a general piece on wikipedia about it.

5. I just remember the Colonel of my unit displaying E.R on his epaulettes and was told he wipes the queens bum or something!!

:p :p

6. We had one of those Aide de Camp type people when I went on a Haven Holiday She really was rats though :D

7. The RN doesn't have ADCs, it has Equerries, both Flag and 'Normal'. The former are the one's who wear EIIR on their Rank, the latter just work for Flag Officers.

8. Ah so i was correct then!!!

9. I was never camp (or even limp wristed) so never qualified for the badge :oops:

10. Section One of my most recent copy of the Navy List (2006) shows:

(Edited to explain my previous edit annotating the list with 1SL and 2SL and I'd have got away with it if Seadog hadn't posted in the meantime :cry: )

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Beginning with 1SL, you may find some disagreement. Oops, been done.

12. I'll wind my neck in then... :D