Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gingercat, Jun 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am going to Raleigh very soon and forgot to order my EHIC card. I have ordered it now but don't think it will be here before I go. Does anyone know if this will be a problem?

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't know the official answer, but I really can't fathom why you'd need one at Raleigh.
  3. It's just part of the prep for getting you ready for the fleet, I'm sure if you explain you are experiencing a small delay it won't cause any issues during your initial phase of training.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. Because the navy has contracted the training to the lowest bidder and will now take place just outside Paris.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The requirement for an EHIC is briefed on PRNC, outlined in the joining letter and re-iterated at the pre-entry brief. Easy mistake, mind.

Unlike Royal Marines, no element of RN initial training includes overseas travel & whilst the lack of a valid passport means "no join", you'll be required to produce a valid EHIC whilst in your initial training.