EHCR meddling bastards or the deliverers of justice?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ECHR meddling bastards or the deliverers of justice?

Yesterday, Abu Qatada, the jihadist cleric best known as Osama bin Laden's "ambassador to Europe", won a famous victory in Strasbourg, where the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) upheld his appeal against deportation from the UK to Jordan.

No matter that Qatada was a spiritual guide to the late Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, who was, for several key years, the leader of al Qaeda's franchise in Iraq and responsible for a series of unspeakable atrocities including the videotaped beheading of the Liverpudlian civil engineer, Ken Bigley, in 2004.

Source: London Evening Standard.

IMO opinion the British government should stick two fingers up at the EHCR and send this scum to Jordan, I for one do not give a shite what sort of 'justice' he would receive once there. I am fed up to the back teeth with these bloody Europeans interfering in our justice system and the sooner we leave the EHCR the better but there will be little chance of that as the pro Europe Lib Dems would not allow it to happen. However if the Tories were to win a majority in 2015 they should make it a priority.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Who are the EHCR? Dyslexia Lures KO!

On a serious note - it seems that all is actually not yet lost and provided HMG can get official reassurance from Jordan that the "evidence" against him, reportedly obtained through torture of 2 of his mates, will not be used in court then the ECHR (European Court of Human Rights - see what I did there by rearranging the initials into the right order?) will not be able to justify further refusal to his deportation back to Jordan.
  3. Thanks for that broadside, I started a little earlier than usual today.

My point is that Europe should not be dictating how we conduct our legal system and while all this is going on the bill to the British taxpayer continues to climb.

Send the bastard back to Jordan then say to Europe WTF are you going to do about that you meddling bastards?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. You won't get any argument from me on that score - I am fed up to the back teeth of unelected meddlers from Brussels and beyond interfering in what we do in the UK.
  5. Hear! Hear!